What's new

TV Movies or Mini-Series You'd Like See on DVD (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I can't imagie Mama dying (I would cry, I know, because she is very much my Grandma) but I would love to see that movie...

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Well it sounds gay, but I'd really like to see a release of the two part My Little Pony mini-series, "Escape From Catrina" and "Rescue At Midnight Castle".

I don't even care about the rest of the TV series, movies or whatever else might exist, but this was one of those nostalgic memories that's stuck with me over the years.

I think this used to be available as an edited feature length home video release titled, "Firefly's Revenge" or something. I rented it every single time we'd go to the video store, I even had an old Beta recording.

For the record, I do not collect or play with My Little Ponies, I don't know their names or anything else about them or the show... but I know I used to watch this every single day in my youth and I'd love to see it again on DVD!

:b

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I'd also like The Dreamer of Oz: The L. Frank Baum Story (w/ John Ritter)
Liz: The Elizabeth Taylor Story
Also, such Elizabeth Taylor TV movies as:
These Old Broads
Poker Alice
There Must Be a Pony
Between Friends (w/Carol Burnett)
Return Engagement
Victory at Entebbe

Andy

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
Is the mini-series "Chiefs" available on DVD? This was made in the early 80s and starred Wayne Rogers, Keith Carradine and Billy Dee Williams among others.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Dark Night of the Scarecrow (1981) Charles Durning
The Gathering (1977) Ed Asner Christmas tear-jerker
The Taking of Flight 847: The Uli Derickson Story (1988)

Claude North

Second Unit
JonMor and David*P: count me in. I'd love to see those Elizabeth Montgomery TV movies, and well as Eunice , which was really the definitive treatment of those characters.

Additionally, I'd love to see all the horror-themed TV movies from the 1970s, such as the original Satan's School For Girls, The Initiation of Sarah, and The Spell.

A few other titles:

Silent Victory: The Kitty O'Neil Story, starring Stockard Channing as the deaf stuntwoman.

Say Goodbye, Maggie Cole, with Susan Hayward as a woman working in an inner city clinic.

Revenge, with (I believe) Shelley Winters as a woman who imprisons in her basement the man she mistakenly believes raped her daughter.

Who Is the Black Dahlia?, starring Lucie Arnaz as murder victim Elizabeth Short.

The Girl Most Likely To..., starring Stockard Channing as a woman who goes from fat to thin, and exacts revenge on those who were cruel to her.

Terraces, which I've always considered to be the ultimate 1970s TV movie. All about the goings-on in a swinging singles apartment building.

The Weekend Nun, featuring Joanna Pettet as a nun (!) who becomes a plainclothes social worker.

And so many more!

Honestly, I'd like to see every TV movie from the 1970s released on DVD.

MattHR

Screenwriter

Yes. Anchor Bay released it about five years ago. I believe MGM has the rights now.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I just remembered there was a wondeful Growing Pains movie a few years back.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I would love to see the mini series Centennial on DVD. When I was in 5th grade back in 1980-81, our teacher showed us several episodes of this over the course of the year and I really enjoyed them.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Mikel_Cooperman: absolutely Sybil! One of the all-time great TV movies.

Claude North: I'd totally forgotten about The Spell till you just listed it. Great choice! That movie was such a hoot. Lee Grant is always terrific.

And I agree with you about the 70's TV movies. Ah memories. :)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Some of the usual choices for me, whenever this topic comes up include:

The Bermuda Depths - Just for Connie Selleca. Sheesh she looked great in this film.
Chill Factor - Pretty neat little film.
Tribes - One of the classics
The Challenge - Another favorite. Solid survival film with Mako and Darren McGavin.
Crowhaven Farm
Haunts of the Very Rich
Savages - Andy Griffith as a pretty convincing bad guy.
The Jericho Mile - early Michael Mann film.
Isn't It Shocking
Trapped
Moon of the Wolf
Bad Ronald
Dying Room Only
I Will Fight No More Forever
Love Among The Ruins
Scream of the Wolf - Cheesy, but fun with Clint Walker and Peter Graves.
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
The Love War - I used to think this was cool, now I'm not too sure.
A Killer In The Family - Robert Mitchum was a complete bastard in this film.

Most of these titles are from the ABC Movie of the Week. I used to watch this religiously and would love to see some of the titles featured on this show eventually get released.

- Walter.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I love all those great '70s tv movies. Most of them were rerun frequently during late '70s and early '80s during the Afternoon movie, and I would watch them after school. Some of them were better than feature films.

Here's my "wish" list:

Dawn: Portrait of a Teenage Runaway (Brady Bunch's Jan as a hooker!)
plus the sequel: Alexander: The Other Side of Dawn (Leigh McCloskey as a hooker)
Sarah T.:Portrait of a Teenage Alcoholic (Exorcist's Linda Blair as a Teenage Alcoholic)
Born Innocent (was banned for Linda Blair's broomstick handle rape scene!)
Bad Ronald
Crowhaven Farm
Satan's Triangle
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
Legend of Lizzie Borden
A Case of Rape
Terror at the Beach (Susan Dey)
Nightmare in Badham County (Tina "Ginger" Louise as butch prison guard!!!)
Speaking of Tina Louise, how about Look What's Happened to Rosemary's Baby!
Dying Room Only (Cloris Leachman)
A Howling in the Woods (Barbara Eden)

Some more tv movies already on dvd:
Duel (Coming soon Universal), Satan's School for Girls (on cheapie label Platinum), The Burning Bed (Farrah), are a few I can think of off the top of my head.

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator
Giddeons Trumpet (tv movie with Henry Fonda)

The State (scetch comedy show on MTV)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I wouldn't mind seeing the early 80s TV version of "East of Eden" on DVD. Jayne Seymour was eeevil in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks