What's new

Theater Seating (1 Viewer)

lakeshow33

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
First time poster, long time lurker. A quick search tells me this was addressed a while ago, but since home theater equipment has changed so much since 2003 I feel as though I need to get an updated answer. I'm looking for some advice on seating for my man cave. I'm looking for something unique that my friends won't have (our man caves are somewhat of a study in oneupmanship). Some installers I've talked to mentioned massage theater chairs which would be pretty cool, but I don't want to pay too much when I could buy a dedicated massage chair that would be better. Going for a sports bar kind of look, if that helps, but I'm not married to the concept. Any and all advice (and hopefully links) is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Nick

blairgo

Auditioning
Real Name
blair lin
Thank you for your update! In my opinion, i think that is helpful to me!

Savage

Auditioning
Real Name
Cory
Personally, we just ordered some from Rooms to Go, 2 sets. 1 for front row and building a platform now for the rear row. Here is the link to what we went with.

http://s7ondemand5.scene7.com/is/image/roomstogo/br_rm_blakely_6pc?$ImageLarge_700x700$

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
If it's a sports bar I recommend the Berkline with team logos.

http://www.htmarket.com/home-theater-furniture-home-theater-seating-berkline-home-theater-loungers-berkline-champion-dream-s.html

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Welcome to Home Theater Forum Nick. I am always willing to help someone in a game of oneupmanship, especially if I am spending someone else's money. Massage chairs could be too loud or could put things out of "tactile sync" . For the wow factor get chairs with a motorized recline. As a general rule you want chairs with a back that doesn't cover the ears screening out the surround speakers. Check out Stargate Cinema (an advertiser) as they have every type of seating you can imagine, including massage chairs, and sports logo chairs: http://www.stargatecinema.com/

PS They have a sale and free shipping on through the end of the month.

lakeshow33

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
Thanks a lot guys! Your responses were super helpful. Adam, I wish I had checked back sooner, looks like I missed the window on Stargate's free shipping. I'll let you guys know what I decide.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks