What's new

The worst commercials (2 Viewers)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Have you guys seen the new Saturn SUV commercial? It has a bunch of guys going camping and as they are setting up camp they hear a banjo play. They look at each other then look out in the woods then all of a sudden they grab all their gear throw it in the SUV and tear ass out of there. Funniest commercial I've seen in a while.
More specifically, what they hear is a tune called "Dueling Banjos", as made infamous by the movie "Deliverance". If you've seen the movie then you know why they were in a hurry to leave. Such a stigma to be unfairly associated with the song.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
What is up with that Pepsi Blue commercial? What were the ad execs thinking?

"We have this new flavor of Pepsi. Any ideas?"
"I see two castles on opposing hills. In one castle we got some band rocking out."
"Yeah, and we can throw in a mass of crazy fans running down some road."
"Great ideas so far, guys, but I don't smell Cleo award yet."
"Gentlemen, I got it. One word: monks."
"Monks?"
"Yes, monks!"
"Ingenious!"
"Fabulous!"
"I am giddy with excitement!"

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
Buzz Vinard wrote:
Ah, the joy of Tivo...There's always a backlog of "Daria", "South Park", "Enterprise", "Queer as Folk", and "SG-1" to watch...zip on by those annoying ad spots!
I own a ReplayTV and was thinking the same thing! Ever since I bought it, I timeshift everything so I can skip-ahead over any commercials, so I've been out of touch on all of the latest ads... GOOD! :)

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
I hate all those mentioned (that I've seen) and especially the Geico and DiTech commercials. Those SUCK ASS!

Another I hate is the commercial for that stupid looking truck that turns into an SUV. Change for a dollar? I f**king hate that commercial, and the other comercials for that vehicle.

I also hate the stupid commercial for the SUV with the tight turning radius. The dude pulls up to a little spot surrounded by motorcycles and the bikers looking at him. He drives off in terror. The some little lady, perhaps 4 feet tall, drives up in her HUGE ASS SUV and parks in the spot. There is no way she would have parked there. There is no way she could have parked there. And to top it off, the bikers look like they're 70 years old. Not scary at all. I hate everything about that commercial. I also hate the music in it, because it gets stuck in my head, and not in a good way.

That Heineken commercial is good. It was mentioned earlier. The one where the guy and girl get to the last Heineken at the same time, and they guy gives it to her because he sees more coming in behind her. Great commercial!

-Marshall

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks