What's new

The 100 worst traffic jams in the US (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Atlanta is listed 7 times but Houston is on there 10 times. I would have Los Angeles would have been on the list more.

BaconFat

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
I lived in Atlanta near the I-285/I-85 junction aka Spaghetti Junction. Rush hour ran from 6:30am-10:00am and 3:00pm-8:00pm through this interchange. Atlanta forces commercial truck traffic to use I-285 instead of traveling straight through Atlanta on I-75/I-85/I-20. All this concentrated truck traffic makes the congestion worst than normal. When I left Atlanta 10 years ago they were in the planning stages to expand I-75 north to 21 lanes.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Surprised to see that Connecticut for such a small state has seven on the list. Number 24 on the list Hartford, CT: I-84 at I-91, I can see from my work window.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Only three listed for Michigan, and the only one of those I had to deal with regularly when I was commuting was #70: I-75 at I-696. Traffic in the area we live is usually pretty tame. The biggest non-weather or road construction issue we have to deal with is if we are driving by Ann Arbor on Saturdays in the autumn and there is a football game. That creates major backups - we live about 15 minutes east of Ann Arbor, and head past that city when I play golf or we visit some friends west of AA.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I'm not surprised to see Atlanta at number 1. I stay off the Interstates as much as possible That's why I live intown.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks