What's new

The worst commercials (1 Viewer)

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
I watch Adult Swim on Cartoon Network every Sunday night and that being said I'm sick and tired of them showing that Juicy Fruit weightlifting commercial every five minutes.

Come on you old lady!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
IN a funny mix, tonight they showed the Apple commercial of "the girl who saved Christmas" because her father couldn't get pictures on his Windows PC.
The next commercial was for the Kodak EZ-Dock Digital camera, and it showed a guy get pictures off his digital camera "with a push of a button" and "single button print options" "For your Windows(TM) PC" :)
Made me laugh to see them back to back. :)

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
I know people hate the Subway / Jared campaign but without that stupid "Clay Henry" song, a very funny episode of Southpark wouldn't have been made.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Anyone who lives in the Chicago-land area has had to of seen the awful Eagle Insurance commercials. A jack-ass dressed as an Eagle comes down after a car accident, squats on top of a car, says in a real bad acted voice "I've got something for you", and an an egg appears. Then the egg cracks open with a horrible baby eagle puppet holding rates in its beaks. The two horrible actresses then say "Wow, look at those low rates."
HAHAAHA! I was exposed to those godawful creations constantly on WGN! Especially hated it when that idiot DJ 'Mancow' starred in them.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
They're not the worst commercials, but it's REALLY annoying to watch commercials on HGTV, since it's the same damn commercials during every break! Lowe's and Home Depot mostly, yeah, I can see why they'd advertise there, but do they have to show them every break?

/Mike

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
I hate the stupid commericals for Holiday Inn Express. THEY MAKE NO SENSE!
Manager: "Hey, you're not kiss."
Man: "No, but we did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."
and...? :confused:

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Actually I kind of like those zoom zoom Mazda commercials. A catchy little number it is.

How about Chevy still using Bob Seger's Like A rock in their commercials? Its not that I dislike the commercials but a different song after using that one for over a decade would be nice. I guess it works though.

The commercial I hate though are usually of the Coors variety. Especially that one where they are all partying in that cabin on top of the mountain and the cabin decides to go for a boot down the mountainside. A cabin just doesn't do that and that bothers me.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
How could Mitsu's commercials fall so far so fast? I loved the Mitsu SUV commercial featuring Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of "Voodoo Chile".
Actually, if memory serves, that was a Nissan commercial (for the X-Terra or something like that). And no, you can never go wrong with Stevie Ray....

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
mentions of verizon made sprint pop in my head. i used to like the verizon commercials, now i just don't really care for them...but the sprint commercials have always worked for me. what do you think?

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
...a toilet tissue ad featuring people's rear ends and talking about how "fresh" they feel.
BINGO!!
IMO, this is by far the most disgusting and distasteful commercial ever put on the air! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
No need for those appetite suppressants .... just watch this ad instead.
It's impossible to imagine how some ad exec. actually would think this is a good advert.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
How about Chevy still using Bob Seger's Like A rock in their commercials? Its not that I dislike the commercials but a different song after using that one for over a decade would be nice. I guess it works though.
I think they should use that song in Metamucil commercials.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
The halloween Radio Shack is f-ing terrible. I didn't see Gap commericals listed yet either.

For me, the worst is some local commercials for a bar and grill in Fargo, ND called Smokeys. They feature this old guy (I think must be the owner) and various somewhat attractive looking younger girls. They absolutely make no sense whatsoever. In one, they were on some deserted island, he was dressed up as a native and... oh man it was terrible...

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Carrot Top is one of the few valid reasons why this country is hated by so many people. Not only is he hideous to look at but the infatiguable Mr. Top has absolutely NO talent and is presented in the singularly most annoying manner possible. A pox upon him! How far AT&T has fallen.
For those of you in the metro NY region, you might remember the Carvel ice cream ads. The voice over was done by the owner who sounded older than the pyramids and just as dry. While his ads are now found in advertising textbooks because they were SO bad they made people remember the product, it does not change the fact they were bad. Every line sounded like a death rattle. Dreadful.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
has anyone seen the new commercial for seagrams ice. i thinkl thats what its called.
2 guys are in a laundrey mat and 3 girls come in.
the guys soap up the whole place and a party ensues in the suds.

at the end one of the guys is standing with a grin on his face and then a girl pops up from in front of him and she bounces, smiles mischieviously, and wipes "foam"? from her mouth.

John Mar

Auditioning
Have you guys seen the new Saturn SUV commercial? It has a bunch of guys going camping and as they are setting up camp they hear a banjo play. They look at each other then look out in the woods then all of a sudden they grab all their gear throw it in the SUV and tear ass out of there. Funniest commercial I've seen in a while.:laugh:

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I forgot the name of the company but there was this HI-larious one playing during the World Series. Three men are walking to a meeting and the boss in the middle asks if they have all the info with them. One on the guys taps his head and says, "I got it all up in here." He immediately slams his face into an open file cabinet drawer and is knocked unconcious.

The commercial then asks, "is your data backup reliable?"

Next scene, the boss is at the meeting and the third guy whispers to him, "don't worry. He told me everything he knows." He then falls down and clunks his head on the table.

What cracks me up is when the dude crams his noggin on the table. He really sells it.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
I hate those Carl's Jr ads, too. I'm sorry but a hamburger does not make a crunch when you bite into it and if it did, it's got apple slices in it. :)
The Mitsubishi ads have cool music, but their interpretation of the music to their cars is annoying. Maybe they should look at BMW films.
I don't really like thos orbit gum commercials either, with that lady who says "but is your breath clean?
Is it my imagination, or do they make commercials with people who talk in British accents alot? Is it that americans find the accent charming, a feeling of authority on the subject, or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks