What's new

The worst commercials (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I can't stand those Goldfish ads.. You know, the little Goldfish crackers. "...until you bite their heads off..la la la...The snack that smiles back, Goldfish". Look, it's not funny and I hate whoever is singing it.

I usually like monkeys, but I really don't like those "Capital One No Hassle Card" commercials.

Yeah, and the Apple commercials are the worst. I just want to jump through the screen and grab those people by the neck and yell at them, "YOU ARE A F*CKING MORON, YOU STUPID IDIOT!!"

*for the record, I plugged in my Panasonic PV-DV800 digital camera into my DELL pc, and it recognized it just fine, thank you very much.

Felipe S

Stunt Coordinator
I love the new Mountain Dew commercial with the car flip.... oh yeah.. we're talking about worst commercials.
The 'Axe Effect' commercials are... un-creative to say the least...
[edit]
I was looking at the Axe effect website.. Link Removed
does anyone think this stuff is real? or just a marketing ploy.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Did you know that if you put a mentos in a 20oz soda bottle that the mint breaks the surface tension causing the liquid to release the CO2 en masse and shooting Soda about 8 feet up in the air?

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
Oh damn it damn it damn it, Now I gotta buy some of those Mentos mints and try that
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Least favorite commercials,,, Verizon, and Jared. Of cource it is political season is heating up and the mud is getting pretty thick here in Colorado :thumbsdown:

Real Name
John Doroshenk
I can't stand the new sprite commerical with that "band" playing and the hard rocker singing the song and everyone faking that they are playing to the music. The only problem is that the music sounds like they ripped the music track off of a synthesizer from nsynce. If your going to have a band commerical maybe you should use a band for the music. Just annoys me.

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
My personal worst is meow mix ones with baxter. I mean, I guess they did their job, we are discussing the stupid commercials more than the ones we like eh? :D
Most commercials, typically during Sunday football make men look really bad.
Oh, my god, how can I forget!, The worst by far is the Blue Bell commercial with the cows singing, "Moo MOoo Mooo MOOOOO!"

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Hunter,
Not me, but my wife's Grandfather would not eat at Burger King because one of their slogans was, "It takes two hands to eat a Whopper."
The problem was, he only had one hand.
Makes sense to me! :)
JKS

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I hate commercials. Period. If great TV shows on DVD (post-Tartikoff NBC sitcoms need not apply) were coming out at a more rapid rate I would be set for life. As it is I'll be 30 when all the Simpsons episodes that have already aired come out.

The Goldfish one strikes me as a tad sadistic.

The current Rugby Bunch one is especially vile.
That's an especially awful one.

The copyright holders approved that?

I guess as long as they get paid it's all the same to them.

I've watched about a second of commercial television since the end of the Simpsons' previous season (the next one doesn't begin until November...blame baseball).

Jeremy, I love that story.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Yep, the abovementioned Carl's Jr ads, and also the Wal-Mart ads, where the last one I saw actually had someone say that they "have fun" going to Wal-Mart. I can't imagine what that person's life must be like otherwise if going to Wal-Mart is fun.

/Mike

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Wow I haven't cringed so much reading a thread. Just the memories of most of those commercials. :D
I pretty much hate any computer or A/V related commercial:
Dell (I read an article about that guy saying that he wants to be taken seriously as an actor...uh yeah right)
Mac (Just how much false information can be spewed in a 30 second spot)
AOL (A company that counts on the consumer to do no research and blindly buy)
Bose (Another company that counts on the consumer to do no research and blindly buy)
Radio Shack (What happened to Teri Hatcher? I'll just try to keep remembering her as Penny from MacGyver. Howie, I expected this of. :))
WalMart (Their dvd and A/V commercials are especially annoying.)
I've also found those Carl's Jr. commercials disgusting. I can't stand that chewing sound.
My favorites have probably always been the Mountain Dew commercials. I crack up every time I see the one with the guy headbutting the ram. :)
David Brown Eyes,
How about our local commercial car salesmen the Shagman and Dealin Doug. OMG can anyone be more annoying than those commercials. Tell me how showing someone pissing their pants will sell cars. :angry:

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
the mac "switch" ads haven't gotten on my nerves until now...i've only seen this one on the internet so far:

"i couldn't do video. i couldn't do audio. i couldn't do anything on my pc."

i don't know who they're trying to appeal to with this one..."hey, i'm a lazy ignoramus, i don't know how to click a mouse button and type on a keyboard, but with a mac, everything is easy!"

obviously this guy didn't try at all before switching to mac...ever heard of adobe premiere, goldwave, etc?

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
all subway commercials involving jared or jarret or whatever his name is. any commercial involving the canadian government (can you say unctuous and avuncular, uriah heep?).
the recent ikea commercial involving the lamp left out in the rain is good.
the quebec government did a series of commercials on drunk driving years ago that was devestating in impact.
p.s. satan uses a mac.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Mercedes normally has decent TV ads, but their radio ads are really bad. The latest one has a son trying to convince his dad to come inside for dinner but the father loves his new Mercedes so much he is basically sleeping in it. The problem is with the dialog: "Why should I come in when we have this new Mercedes starting at $38,000..." You would never talk that way about a car you already own!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Radio Shack (What happened to Teri Hatcher? I'll just try to keep remembering her as Penny from MacGyver. Howie, I expected this of.
Especially because what they're using to advertise their macdaddy HT system is a film in mono (Battlestar Galactica)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I hate those Mac "Switch" ads too. The latest one is about some girl who descibes how hard it is too hook up a digital camera to a PC and transfer pictures. Huh? I did it by 1) connecting the USB cable between the PC and the camera 2) wait for the computer to auto-recognize the new device and 3) copied the files from the camera to the PC. I don't think that's particularly hard.

Then again, the people in the Mac ads come across as complete idiots.

/Mike

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My least favorite at the moment are those disgusting "Don't bother me, I'm eating" ads for Carl's Jr/Hardees where people slobber and drip condiments to the most unpleasant chewing sound FX ever created. They've basically convinced me never to go near the place, ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same here, I've hated these since I first saw them. I actually went to carl's Jr once after that though, because I had a coupon for a free burger. Let's just say that there's a reason they do the commercials this way, I think they have found their target audience (based on the clientele in the restaurant I visited).

quote:

Has a commercial been so annoying that it caused you to NOT buy the product?

Yep, the abovementioned Carl's Jr ads
COMPLETELY agree. I despise everything about the way Carl's Jr. advertises. I will change the channel or hit the mute button rather than listen to their obscene, disgusting, chewing and slobbering sounds. I don't want to be any part of the slobbering, incoherent, slovenly, apish male demographic they portray. Their use of Dennis Rodman as a pitch man during his (fortunately brief) stint with the Lakers was a perfect example.

LisaH

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, and those Radio Shack ads with Howie Long and... oh now I've forgotten her name ... what is her name?

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I hate TV commercials for a new DVD release where they show a picture of the FULL SCREEN version only!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks