What's new

THE WIRE season 4 (see post #1 re: SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
You guys are probably right. it does make sense that next year would focus on politics. but i would love it if the season focused on the aftermath of finding 20-30 bodies in the vacant houses. I'm pretty sure that they said that the focus of the season would be on mass media, but i won't swear to it.

I watched the 2nd to last episode and thought it was another really good one. Hard to believe that there is only 4 more days until the last episode is available. I'll miss the wire until season 5.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It is more likely that the media aspect will be skillfully weaved woven into the rich tapestry they've been crafting for 4 seasons along side everything else.

--
H

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Simon said that when HBO renewed for a fifth season. But I think Holadem is right that the media focus will be woven into existing storylines. Every season adds a new layer.

M.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I watched the season 4 finale last night. It's about 20 minutes longer than each of the preceding 12 episodes, and none of the extra time is wasted. There were many small moments that should put a smile on the faces of long-time fans, plus a few plot developments that hint at an underlying humanity (sometimes in the unlikeliest places), but the series maintains its overall tragic trajectory.

I'll leave it at that for now so as to avoid spoilers. After next Sunday, we should have a lot to discuss.

M.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
Wow. This is the only show I've watched that actually gives me goosebumps...

I'm sad that the season is over.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Michael,
Thanks for offering just enough to get me "psyched" to watched the last episode without giving anything away. I must resist going to this thread until I have also seen the last episode.

I am going to miss this show. When will the 5th, and final season begin?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
At the end of this article about Andre Royo ("Bubbles"), it says shooting begins in March for a late 2007 or early 2008 run.

M.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Would you elaborate in a spoiler box? I have to watch the last couple of eps again I think. Unfortunately I am going away for a month in a few days and with limited internet access, will be missing much of the post season discussion.

--
H

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

You said that perfectly. My wife watched the final with me the other night but she is not a follower of the show. Many times she would say "what are you laughing at" or "what are you smiling about" but if you have watched this show since the begining you will understand.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

You said that perfectly. My wife watched the final with me the other night but she is not a follower of the show. Many times she would say "what are you laughing at" or "what are you smiling about" but if you have watched this show since the beginning you will understand.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Holadem --

This will be my last spoiler post. I don't want to add to anyone's temptation.
I was thinking more of Bodie's side of the conversation, not McNulty's -- specifically, Bodie's revulsion at Marlo's tendency toward indiscriminate slaughter. A cynical survivor like Poot would just shrug it off.

As far as McNulty's attitude, I didn't read it that way. McNulty was cultivating a potential snitch, nothing deeper. He didn't respect Bodie; he just wanted something from him. Why else get him released and then make a point of taking credit for it? (McNulty's out of practice, too. In the old days, he wouldn't have been foolish enough to pick up Bodie from central booking. A fatal mistake, as it turned out.)
M.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Well we'll get back to it later I guess. That will gimme a chance to re-watch the ep.

--
H

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of the Mayor's bit-o-fun, Herc's story was the least interesting, and at the same time most frustrating this season. What a meathead.

In a season full of great moments, my favorite one was perhaps Lester's "this is a tomb" breakthrough in the vacants. A very understated moment given how long we've been waiting for it, yet extremely rewarding nonetheless (goosebumps!).

--
H

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i've gotta say, for some reason, this season didn't really grab me at first. i loved the police stuff, the Carchetti stuff, and the stuff on the streets, but whenever we got to the stuff at school, it just lost me. i don't know why, but for whatever reason, i just couldn't come to know and relate, nor care too much for the kids in school.

but these last three or four episodes have been top notch, reminding me just why this show is the best show on tv, and the finale was just mind-blowingly staggering. and i may have to go back and re-watch my tape copies and re-assess my opinion of the season.

got a couple things to mention, and i'll spoilerize just in case people are still waiting to watch it.

Bubbles. i really thought that was the end of him, especially since i know that Simon wrote the obituary for the real guy his character is based on. shocking.

shock #2. Bodie. wow. just.....................wow. :frowning:

the guy that Michael popped at the end, was that someone we had seen before and knew, or just some random corner guy? i didn't get a real good look at him in the darkness and such, so not sure.

Cuddy and the nurse. ;)

Bodie. wow :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks