What's new

The Sopranos Season 6, Part II - April 2007 (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Yep, that's how it was told and it was a great little piece of insight into the Soprano family history. :)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I don't get about Bobby not having killed anyone before. Isn't he a made guy, (doesn't he have to be to have been made a captain)? And isn't it a requirement to have done the deed at least once, to be entered into the books?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"I've been watching the show in HD the past 3 seasons and last night's episode was easily the best looking one I've seen yet, mostly because of the great lake views."

Yea, it really looked great.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Janice is way too annoying to have that much screen time. She's also much more immature than TV audiences are used to seeing (but I think that's realistic).

The scene where they meet with French-Canadians was actually filmed in a tavern called Tierney's in Montclair, NJ. I have been there a time or two.

No way the show ends with Tony getting pinched. The opening of this show was just to jolt the audience ("is this it?"); my prediction is that the show will end in a "life goes on" fashion. Depending on Tony's character arc this season, the ducks may even come home.

Speaking of openings, can't they redo the credits? Tony should have had EZ Pass for 7 years now!

BTW, June 10 is the finale.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I don't think Bobby's a captain (that is what Janice was pissed about last season). Also, you don't have to kill someone to be made.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Amen. This is the series that made "inconsistent storytelling" a
household name. :)

That being said, I felt The Sopranos is off to a great start.
For once, I enjoyed the very relaxed, slow story that was being told.
Knowing there are only a handful of episodes left, it's very clear that
this is the calm before the storm and that things will pick up rather
quickly.

Great to have the show back!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

No doubt the EZ Pass would be tied to a dummy corporation, under a fake name, and he wouldn't even be paying for it. Under these conditions, Tony would have EZ Pass. Tony certainly has cases of stolen iPods too (not that he knows how to use them).

Heard a funny line on Little Steven's radio show: It's from the first season when Meadow asks if he's in the mob. Tony tells her no, what is she talking about? She says "Dad, how many other kids find $50,000 in krugerrands and a 45 handgun when they're hunting for Easter eggs?"

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Shouldn't this be combined with the other Soprano's thread? Also, the episode title in this thread title is wrong. The correct title for the Episode is "Soprano Home Movies".

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Good episode with great scenes. The monopoly game, the fist fight, the hit...it's all good.

Did you guys notice the younger guy looking at Phil (from the NY family) like he was going to do something to him? Something's gonna happen there between those 2.

It was funny how the NY family were refering to the NJ guys. "Farmers", "f--king sheep", etc. :D

Can't believe this series is finally ending.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Tony is paranoid about browser cookies, no way is he going to install something in his car that keeps track of where he's going and at what time."

LOL. Remember the earlier episode when they were going to talk business in the Bing and Tony had someone close their laptop and turn it off becuase he "doesnt trust that cookies shit" (or something like that) :laugh:

"No doubt the EZ Pass would be tied to a dummy corporation, under a fake name, and he wouldn't even be paying for it. Under these conditions, Tony would have EZ Pass. Tony certainly has cases of stolen iPods too (not that he knows how to use them)."

Which is part of why these guys are fascinating. They can manipulate garbage companies and worm their way through corp loopholes and the law and then say something stupid like the line above or how Quasimoto made predictions of the future. My fav idiot line is from Christopher when Paulie mentioned the Cuban Missile Crisis in Pine Barrens and Chris said "That was real? I saw that movie - I thought it was bullshit".

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

That prompted someone I know to call the show "Law & Order: SUV," in which the investigators drive a different SUV every week.

For those interested in great lines of the show, Little Steven (Silvio) has a radio show (http://www.littlestevensundergroundgarage.com) and this week's installment is "Sopranos '07." He plays a lot of music from the series and in between songs are all the classic banter you expect from the Sopranos.

The show is syndicated around the country, but you can also listen on the web site:
http://www.littlestevensundergroundg.../homepage.html

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I will be in the minority and say that there will be no consequence to the torn shirt and the gun in Bobby's side of the story. Despite the opening of this episode and Tony's arrest, stuff like that doesn't generally fit into this show. It's not a detective story, is not concerned with being "clever" that way. The opening was a convenient device to get Tony arrested, I doubt Chase knew at the time he wrote the scene that he would use the gun later. There is no evidence of such plot planning in this series.

Since we are throwing quotes around, my favorite has to be "Revenge is like serving cold cuts" - Tony.

--
H

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

Coulda sworn when Junior was meeting with Tony in the doctor's office, where the girl he flirted with turned out to be a fed, that they had bumped him up to captain.

Also, I coulda sworn that it was pretty much a defacto rule about having to have whacked someone to be considered a made guy.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Bobby has always been a good earner when given the chance. I would think a great earner could be made without ever having to kill someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks