What's new

The mutant evolution of a DVD: "X-Men" 2 disc set coming! (1 Viewer)

Luis Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
I will definately be getting this one. With DTS and 24 deleted scenes I will be first in line to get it. It's also good that it comes out on the week of my b-day...hehe. But, you know, I would have liked if they would have somehow did a branching thing where they could have added some of those deleted scenes. But oh well.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I will also get this. I am glad to finally see trailers on there to, something that was very missing fromt he old release. Dts would make sense.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
This is one of those discs that I'll probably re-buy, just because I want to hear the commentary and see what was cut from the film. I'm a little disappointed that they haven't filmed the new scenes that were talked about (unless they number with the deleted scenes), but as long as the price is right, I'll pick up the new disc as well. Not the first double dip for me, and probably not the last, but I'm too big a fan of the comics to pass up this one.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Please reconsider the Director's Cut!!!

The movie as-is is waaay too choppy (I felt the same way about StarGate, as it had over an hour of usable material cut and it showed). I hated the rushed feel of X-Men and cared not a whit for the characters. Very MTV-ish.

Not at all on the caliber level of Singer's Usual Suspects.

Although, I'm glad the DTS track got put back on.

Dan

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Count me in! I'm somewhat disappointed about there not being a new cut, but I'm more than happy with the original film. Plus, all the extra material that could've been added should be included in the 24:eek: deleted scenes.
Thank you, Fox!:emoji_thumbsup:
BTW, everyone who was bitching about there not being a DTS track on the original release had better be buying this one!!!:rolleyes

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Exactly Andy!
Glad I held off from buying the first release.
Looking forward to buying the SE and with DTS to boot!! Yeehaw!:D

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I wish I hadn't traded my copy. I wanted the new cut. Darn!

Craig W

Second Unit
Not getting the new cut is probably due to time constraints related to X2. I bet that eventually we will see a new cut, but it looks like this is just a marketing release to tie in with X2. Thanks but no thanks I am glad I bought the original for $14.99 earlier this year.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was not only looking forward to a new cut, but for a new John Ottman score, which was also being rumored. Personally, I find this disappointing and I won't be buying it.

Jason

William DAnnucci

Stunt Coordinator
I must totally agree with Jason. I felt that the bland, annoying Kamen score, the short running time and general rushed pace were the key faults with X-MEN. I know there was some sort of studio interference with Kamen, who is normally better. But I felt that Ottman was a much better choice as both editor and composer for Singer, due to their past collaborations.

This kept me from buying the original DVD and will most likely keep me from buying the new one. A shame, as it could have been a really sweet disc.

Oh, and am I the only one who noticed that the "You know what happens to a toad..." line is very in keeping with how dialogue is in the original X-men comics? I didn't mind the line because Marvel comics superheros tend to say awkward "cool" dialogue like that all the time, folks.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Adam L,
my man, you didn't get the dvd because you had the vhs!? That's not legal. ;)
Seriously, the dvd, original or new, absolutly eclipses the vhs of this film, you simply must get it on dvd! It's referrance out the yin yang! :)
I'll be getting the new edition BTW.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Oh, and am I the only one who noticed that the "You know what happens to a toad..." line is very in keeping with how dialogue is in the original X-men comics? I didn't mind the line because Marvel comics superheros tend to say awkward "cool" dialogue like that all the time, folks.
True, and I think that it would have worked in the comics. The problem is, either the delivery was really poor, or the words just don't sound right when anyone says them out loud.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Well, I'm happy enough with the original film to buy this one. I don't need a new special edition version of the movie to justify the purchase. I'm sure this'll be a great special edition (DVD).

Joe RZ

Stunt Coordinator
Man I almost got the first one last week with the Best Buy 10% off coupon.Glad I didn't bought Austin Powers instead.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Update from www.dvdfile.com
"Last but not least, an update on Fox Home Entertainment's upcoming new two-disc special edition reissue of the Bryan Singer blockbuster X-Men. Due on February 11th, this set was originally planned to feature a new extended cut of the film, code-named 'X-Men 1.5,' but alas this new version has been dropped along with the numerical tag. Only the 96-minute theatrical cut will be included, and a Fox spokesperson has also indicated that the number of deleted scenes and participants on the audio commentary previously announced have not yet been fully determined and may change as the release draws near. Unfortunately, these specs have already been released to retailers and via the official Fox press website, so beware any preorder information to the contrary. Stay tuned for further details..."
Hmm, the 24 deleted scenes really is the thing that had my interest, hope that number isn't dramatically cut down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks