What's new

The Love Boat (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
This is very high on my list of untouched (by dvd) shows. I will be there the day it comes out.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
This week's Entertainment Weekly also has a Love Boat 30th anniversary article which is a lot of fun to read, catching up with the stars. It, too, mentions the upcoming release.

Ook

Auditioning
Real Name
Derek

I wonder how many kids of the 70s/80s called these their favorite playthings... :confused:

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Aryn,

Great news! Thanks for the post. I would want it in a "Std" DVD release (not HD) but sooner or later I'll most likely have to buy that HD player....I'm one of the many out here that are waiting out the HD/Blu-Ray war.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
No Problem... This will be a fun release. It is a show where you can just sit and try to pick out guest stars there are so many per episode.

I wonder how they will go about setting this up for release. By that i mean will they include the 3 Pilot Movies. Only the last one had the main crew we grew to love. So aslong as just that one is included that will be great. The first two pilots would be considered icing by me.

Perhaps Sony can get off their butts and release Fantasy Island S2 on the same day. Then again i have kinda lost faith in seeing anymore of that released.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I'm with you on this, Jeff, mostly. I probably will end up buying the 80GB PS3 when I buy my new HD TV, so at that point, I'll have cast my vote with Blu-Ray. I already have a Blu-Ray drive on my new PC that I've yet to use or watch the Blu-Ray DVDs they gave me with it, one of them being ``50 First Dates,'' which I already own on standard DVD. As for ``Love Boat,'' still undecided yet whether I'd buy this show on DVD. Given that I'll never be able to watch everything in my collection, I have to be a bit more picky about what I add to it. :)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

That's a good idea. Thanks for the tip, Dan!

Welcome to the forum, Layla! You'll find that HTF is THE place for interesting and very informative discussions. I'm a poster on the TV/DVD Bd for the most part with some posts on the Film/Movie Bd. This site's well-Admin'ed and there are some "walking encyclopedia's" on this Bd with a vast amount of TV hisrory/series information!

Thanks to the gang here, I've bought many TV/DVD sets and the library's growing every month.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
If the three pilot movies are on the 1st seaon set I'll buy it. After that, I will probably only by the 70s run of the show. I don't think I could take much more than that. The same with Fantasy Island. I like the first couple of years, but after that it got old very, very quick. At least for me.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Just got 2 emails on this. It says its Volume 1 of Season 1. So this may take along time to complete the series. So not a complete season 1.

YEAH its released next year in March.

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
I'll tell you all one thing, i am NOT buying any of the sets of the Love Boat until after one year of the last season being released. I have had to much experience of buying all the season sets and the complete series set coming out one year later. So, no. Nadad. Nein. Not doing it.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
12 episodes $42.98 msrp.. are they kidding me ? I mean seriously, look at later seasons they have near 30 episodes, so what are they going to do break each season into 3 volumes with this 12 episodes per. They must want this to fail! The only thing i can take from the specs is they just want to get a quick cheapo half-assed release out there to say we tried to quiet down the people requesting it all these years. Shame on you Paramount! do me a favor if this is the best you can do don't even bother and just cancel it for all i care.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

This is pathetic. So IF I get volume 1 and watch the whopping 12 episodes in one weeks time(thats about right) and have to wait 6 months, or over a year for the next volume, how can the studio possibly expect this to attract consumers! Dead serious when I say this puts up a red flag in any collectors mind. I stated in another post that I bought the complete first season of The Fall Guy. If volume 1 of the Fall Guy were the only set available, I wouldn't have touched it. People want complete first seasons, it's just that simple. IF they released the complete first season of the Love Boat at $90, I would buy it. When it comes to classic tv dvd's, there is nothing I hate more than the start, and stop of releases, and the long wait in between.

It just amazes me that after all this time, the studios seem to know absolutely nothing of what consumers want. It may look good on paper to maximize profits, but they will realize sales are low, and then they will just cancel the next volume anyway. Brilliant!!!

I have a great idea, studios should break feature films up in 2 volumes! This way they can get double the price for one movie! Sounds crazy, but this is the type of logic we are dealing with.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Bryan, PLEEEEZE don't give them any ideas! What did you expect? It's Paramount!The company's run by morons, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
This is Paramount. They often do this with series. I'm not surprised.

It was either that or charge $100 for a single season. At half a season, at the price that most other studios charge for a full season, they are trying to confuse everyone. They are one of the most overpriced when it comes to TV on DVD.

Still, I'll be buying.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Maybe when they reach volume 4, or 5 I'll consider buying in, but first let's see the time span between volumes. That's the deciding factor for me!

brett tolino

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
brett tolino
Paramount is sea sick.

They're charging $42.00 for Season One volume One for just 12 episodes?

That would mean it's almost $90.00 for one complete season. And the way Paramount releases, it could be 2-3 years before anyone sees another volume.

I just jumped overboard.

For that price, I'd just as well start saving my money and go on a real cruise.

From me to Paramount, as in the immortal words of Popeye... "Well, blow me (down)."

htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Mark Lx

Second Unit
Well as always, the market will dictate, and this set will be selling for what it's worth soon after release. About $20. Doesn't help the chances of future releases though.

MT108

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Turner
This is a bad start. Over priced and none of the movies. All for a show that has been endlessly syndicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks