What's new

The Love Boat (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I subscribe to EW. There was an article a few months ago on the original cast which carried a hysterical photo.

Everyone participated in the interview...except Fred Grandy. Armed with that knowledge, check out the photo:

Click HERE! :D

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
But I doubt a company approved "behind the scenes" documentary would dare mention most of those stories.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I watched the first episode last night. I had some minor issues with the soundtrack. I realize we're talking about about 1977...but the opening theme seemed a bit over-modulated...as did, I thought, the bumper music a couple of times. It's probably just the limitation of the source material.

But all-in-all my wife was thrilled to be sailing on the Pacific Princess again with the likes of Meredith Baxter Birney, Suzanne Somers, Jimmie Wallker (well, okay, maybe not Jimmie Walker), Bonnie Franklin and the like! :)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
In case anyone was wondering whatever happened to the Pacific Princess, it's currently operating out of Valencia, Spain for a company called CVC. The last voyage for Princess Cruise lines was in October 2002.

Pacific Princess

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
There was also a insert included with the dvd-set to enter to win a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise (on the love boat?) from Princess Cruise Lines and CBS. I guess the odds of winning will be extremely low, but it can't hurt to enter. I have allready finished 8 episodes. This set is too darn short! It has been a blast so far though. If you remember watching this at all you have to buy it asap!

Don3996

Agent
Real Name
Don
I picked up this set finally and am having a blast with it, thanks for the recommend Aryn I didnt regret it. I never expected to see Marcia Brady lol

jjha19421

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Rivas
Any word on anymore Love Boat?? I know Volume 2 S1 has come out already, what are you thoughts on that one?? Do you foresee possible season sets in the future?

Thanks

jjha19421

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Rivas
Wonderful news, although I'd like to see season sets like everybody else. But, I suppose something is better than nothing.

Thanks Dave for posting

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Watching these episodes is addicting. I rarely get around to making it through a complete set in a single sitting, but I've watched most of season 2 Volume one already. The storylines are so incredibly cheesy, and the stars -- Avery Schreiber, Jimmy Walker, Rober Goulet, Brett Somers, Connie Stevens, Billy Barty, Ruth Buzzi... Some of them have actually made a career out of guesting on this show. It's amazing how clear the picture is on these DVDs enough to see the phony painted backdrop and sets, especially the pool scenes. I used to think that this was filmed on actual Princess cruises, but now I'm not so sure. Would love to hear commentary on some of these by the cast on future releases, and I'm certainly hoping these Love Boat releases continue far enough to make it to the 'Love Boat Musical Extravaganza" where we actually get to hear the cast sing and the Love Boat mermaids attempt Esther Williams antics in that hot tub sized pool. Great entertainment!

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
what's more addicting is going on a cruise and taking along the Love Boat DVDs with the portable player.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

LMAO!! I have not been on a cruise since the late 80's. I wonder if any cruise lines have went through with an idea like that. In airing the Love Boat on the small tv's in the cabins. I am yet to pick up Season 2/Volume 1. But I need to do so asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks