What's new

Love Boat (1 Viewer)

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
When is ViacomCBS going to put out more 'Love Boat' seasons on DVD?
They still have seasons 5 through 10 to get to. They could release the 1986 movies from Season 10 now instead of waiting to do those in order. ViacomCBS has continued putting out DVDs--just hope they're still doing vintage shows.

Is it possible they could do a Blu-ray of the complete series or are there too many episodes for them to go through?

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
I don't envision Blu-Ray happening for this series as like a lot of other things going on right now, they're either stalled, canceled, postponed or something else, but maybe a DVD Season 5 Volumes 1 & 2 coming out down the line MAY happen, but again, it's an educated guess of mine, so don't hold your breath for a Blu-Ray version to be coming out of this or any other show, unless Shout or MRC or Olive or VEI or even someone else decides to take a chance and develop a complete series set of such, but can't see it happening though anytime soon.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Based on the last Love Boat release expect any future ones to (1) be drawn from old source masters and (2) have music performance edits.

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
Based on the last Love Boat release expect any future ones to (1) be drawn from old source masters and (2) have music performance edits.
I figured that the season 4 episodes didn't look as well remastered as the ones from seasons 1 through 3 looked.But they still looked sharper than the TV broadcast episodes.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
So, no news on further seasons of The Love Boat.
Speculation was that CBS Paramount was waiting out Covid before deciding whether to resume DVD’s of Classic TV shows . Several stalled shows in this category: My Three Sons, Bonanza , Love Boat, Beverley Hillbillies, Ben Casey, Our Miss Brooks,
Anyone think we’ll see any further releases on these shows? Or has CBS decided to cease future releases of classic TV on DVD?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
been milking. but about to finish season 2. I have 3. will look at 4 on black friday. Sure wish Season 5 was out now. Needed comfort TV. I plan to move on to watching random episodes on pluto after 5.

They have Match game on pluto, BUZZR. A month or so ago Gene Rayburn mentioned that he and Fanny Flagg were going to be on The Love Boat. The one i watched was that episode! About a little dog. :D

Last edited:

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
Have the 90-minute episodes ever been rerun on TV?
Not widely, but Decades did a marathon one weekend about five years ago where they showed most or all of the 90-minute episodes. And when TBS reran the series, I wouldn’t be surprised if they showed the 90 minute episodes too. TBS did the same for the 90-minute “Little House on the Prairie” episodes, which also weren’t in the regular broadcast syndication package at the time (and were also from the same syndicator, Worldvision).

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
Looking at how they seemed to have remastered most of the episodes in high definition as seen on Paramount Plus, they should go on ahead and release the whole series on Bluray.

The 1986 (10th season) movies-"Shipshape Cruise","Christmas Cruise" and "Who Killed Maxwell Thorn?" don't look very good--but they should remaster those as well with better prints and include them in the Blurays.

sjbradford

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
sjbradford
When MeTV showed those post-series TV movies a few years back, it was the same issue - picture quality was noticeably lower than the regular series episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks