What's new

The farthest you've travelled to see a band? (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Not as far as some of you but me and a buddy drove 7 hrs from Sacramento to Los Angeles to see Iron Maiden on their recent Dance Of Death tour. They only did 2 nights in LA and 3 NY shows on this tour.

Oh and when I saw McCartney it was $100 US for upper level.

Waters is touring next year!? Saw Floyd in 94 but I would love to see Waters since he wasnt with Floyd when I saw them. I know he does lot of Floyd songs that Gilmour and co. dont do anymore.

francisco-a

Agent
From Santiago, Chile to Hamburg, Germany last year, to a Stones concert. 100 euros the ticket :frowning:

It was my first time that I saw the Stones. I was 18.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I looked at the Glastonbury website and got the impression that 112 pounds buys you a ticket for the whole three-day festival. Even if that's wrong, I'm pretty sure you get a lot more than just Macca for that 112 pounds. There's no way he's charging almost $200 per ticket for EVERY ticket in an enormous outdoor setting where he appears alone - you've misrepresented the situation.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Let's see:

Hootie and the Blowfish: Muskegon, MI to Val-du-Lakes: 35 Miles.

Creed: Grand Rapids, MI to Kalamazoo, MI: 51 Miles

Creed: My house to Van Andel in G.R.: 5 Miles. :)

Metallica: My house to Van Andel in G.R.: 6 Miles :) That was tonight and Metallica rocked the house!;)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member

:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

The nice thing about Tori is that no two shows are the same. I've seen her more times than I can count since 1992, but they've almost all been in the Chicago area. The only times I traveled to see her (a few times) was to....Kansas City (and Lawrence)! :D

I've traveled over a dozen times from Chicago to the east coast (Albany, Troy, and New York, New Haven, Philly) to see Happy Rhodes. She was well worth the trips, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Not concerts, but we traveled (twice) to London for Kate Bush fan conventions. She showed up both times, and even sang for us (for a couple of minutes) at the first one. We'd go to any country in the world to see her perform. Too bad she never will.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

right here...

or here... - check out prices for Fresno and Las Vegas...

Compare Aerosmith tickets:

- check out Atlantic City NJ

Saskatoon, Sask.

Pricing varies venue by venue. Seating capacity is going to dictate ticket price. Larger venues can handle high cost artists. Also, When artists come to Canada, they prefer to be paid in U.S. dollars, and when the exchange fluctuates, it puts a squeeze on the promoter's bottom line. It is a capitalist's market, after all...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Keith, you're using scalpers to support your case. That's not appropriate. If you're going to say McCartney charges $200+ or the Eagles cost more than Macca, you have to compare FACE VALUE. The face of Eagles tickets is less than the face of Macca tickets circa 2002, which is apples to apples: arena tour vs. arena tour.

Scalpers' prices are absolutely irrelevant to this discussion.

Well, YEAH! But the average Eagles ticket - FACE VALUE - is still less than the average Macca ticket - FACE VALUE - for their respective recent arena tours. And one could easily get good tickets - FACE VALUE - for McCartney in 2002 for much less than $200.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

Did you see the comparative prices on Aerosmith in my last post?

I was not aware that "Ticketmaster" (et al) was a scalper. ([sarcasm]that's a matter of opinion[/sarcasm]) Those are from agencies who snap all the tickets for packages.

How else do you think tickets are sold out in 30 minutes?

Anyway, this is getting way off topic from the original theme of this thread.

The bottom line is that costs have escalated (just like pro sports) that make attending such events nearly impossible economically except for the "haves". As I said before, I got what I consider a great package deal on Macca's last tour in '93. I'm leaving it at that.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Re: Aerosmith. Your link went to a scalper site, not TM. What's your point? Yeah, scalpers buy a lot of tickets - what's your point? None of this has anything to do with the original issue.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
So now you're generally saying every online ticket agency is a scalper?

TM prices are considerably better, mind you, and it pays to shop around However, I would be hard pressed to spend nearly $400 US just to get in to the MGM Grand to see Madonna on floor seating (plus any ancilliary travel/accomodation cost.)

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
I haven't traveled far to see any band really but I'm dead certain to see The Pixies as soon as their east coast dates include NY or someplace nearby. Seeing The Pixies is like a dream come true. Now that Blondie and The Pixies are together again I can see the 2 bands I most regret never seeing live...

except for Nirvana :frowning:

When they last came to NYC I had to work and I thought, 'I'll catch them next time.'

Nirvana is very personal to me as they helped me through a very rought period in my life and I just wish I could have given Kurt some kind of thanks short of a few dollars in his pocket.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Please, let's drop the "ticket scalping/high price of tickets" posts, there's another thread on that topic altogether. Try this thread.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
It wasn't my deciding reason on going, but I have tickets to see Evanescence when I'm in England in a few weeks. I live in central Indiana :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member

*laugh* then you were at a Lawrence show I was, because it was the only one she played.. I believe that was the UTP tour.

Tori tickets are always affordable (unless you buy them through the RAINN auction, and then they are for a very good cause) and the shows/set lists change drastically show by show.

I won't get into the gory details, but outside of meeting my wife through my enjoyment of her music, it literally gave me will to live after a mugging a few years ago.. I seldom say this, but I seriously doubt I could have made it out of a coma, rehab, and back to where I am in one piece if I wouldn't have had something I loved to listen to :)

Seth--L

Screenwriter
From Philadelphia to Orange County to see John Eliot Gardiner conduct the Monteverdi Choir and English Baroque Soloists in choral music by Handel, Mozart and Haydn.

I had a voucher for a free round-trip flight anywhere in the USA and/or Canada (except Alaska or Hawaii) from being bumped from another flight, so it wasn't that expensive of a trip. I stayed with my brother in LA, so the tickets for the concert were the biggest expense.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The main reason I'm going so far for this concert is because the band is from Ireland, and the next time they'll be coming back to the States is probably 2010, so that's the primary motivating factor for me. Otherwise, I doubt I'd entertain such a trip. Plus living in Atlanta affords me the opportunity to see most of the major bands that tour around the country.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member

From Olympia, Washington to London, England to see Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Mudhoney at the Marquee and Hippodrome. I also went to the Knebworth Festival, sam Prince at Wembley, and i was on my way from Florence, Italy, to Berlin to see Roger Waters Wall concert, but a woman jumped off a bridge an collided with our train, so I watched it on TV in Geneva, Switzerland instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks