What's new

The farthest you've travelled to see a band? (1 Viewer)

dave wright

Agent
Real Name
Dave Wright
new jersey to vegas for the las vegas grind in 99(garage,surf fest)i also fly out to austin a couple of timesa year to see my buds the paladins(great roots trio from san diego). Austin is just an incredible spot for live music,and dont get me started on the BBQ!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I need mental help, I just bought a 2nd ticket because my first ticket was 30 rows back on the left side of the stage, and then I was just browsing around and noticed that I could buy a ticket that was just 3 rows back on the left side, so I bought that ticket as well. I guess I'll try to sell the first ticket on site or give it away on concert day.

AricB

Second Unit
Just back from Coachella(palm springs, CA) to Chicago, the pixies were worth every penny I spent. Obviously would have liked to heard more, but its what I expected. Radiohead and the Cure pushed it way over the top for a phenomenal show. Good times, despite 107 degree heat! Looking at pixies in new orleans or maybe NY later this year. For those interested in the pixies, should check the website pixiesmusic.com for show updates, everything has been selling out in minutes, 4 shows in Nov in Chicago, all gone.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
California to London to see Pink Floyd perform The Wall, Earl's Court, August 1980. This after seeing the show once in L.A. in February of that year. Ironically, I had tickets to see the show twice while in London, each show with better seats than in L.A. (which, although closer to home, was still a five-hour drive from home).

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I once flew San Jose to Wien to see the Vienna State Opera perform La Boheme.....although I was in Austria for a general vacation.

The Austrian government does an inverse ticket-scalping service. They purchase blocks of tickets and hold them in reserve so that tourists can purchase them immediately prior to the performances. IIRC you have to show an out-of-country passport to buy them. I paid $50 for a first balcony seat the day before the performance. See www.austria-tourism.at/

Ed E Lee

Agent

Yeah, I flew out from Los Angeles to see Nearfest also in 2001. Okay, not for one specific band, but it's still a ways to go see some bands. Even better, I left my Nearfest tix at home. That sucked. :b

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
You left the ticket at home? So what did you do? Were you able to find a scalper, or have someone send it to you or something?

Herschel

Stunt Coordinator
About 600 miles (Pittsburgh to Boston) for the 1996 Phish New Year's Eve show, although technically that split up into two trips: 300 miles to get to the 2 Philly shows, and then another 300 miles from there for the 2 Boston shows, and then back home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks