What's new

The Donna Reed Show: SEASON 4 (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
If Shout! winds up with Donna Reed,that will be a very good thing for that show. They will do right by it.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Steve...O
If Shout! winds up with Donna Reed,that will be a very good thing for that show. They will do right by it.

Yes I agree, Shout! Factory would do a great job! What is funny is that Brian Ward left his positive 'Post' comment concerning "The Donna Reed Show" on the "Leave It To Beaver" 'Post Thread' in reply to someone who had asked him a quick question about this Donna Reed TV Series. He never left any answer as yet on the main "Donna Reed Show" Thread!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Originally Posted by Greg2356

It is funny Leo, but I too saw an episode of "Yogi Bear" sometime around 1984, and heard "The Donna Reed Show" Theme Song being played in the background. The song is entitled, "Happy Days," and I would suspect this song was written some years before "The Donna Reed Show" came on the air, but I am not certain how many years before... I don't know if this particular song was written especially for the "Yogi Bear" Cartoon Show or for that matter Hanna Barbara Cartoons. This is the only cartoon show that I have ever heard this song entitled, "Happy Days" being used as background music. I did get a kick though out of hearing this tune being played in the background of the "Yogi Bear" cartoon show! Interesting!!!!

"Happy Days" was also used in at least one episode of "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet". I don't remember the exact episode but recall being suprised when I heard it as I'd always thought it was "The Donna Reed Show" theme song and had been commisioned specifically for that program. Just another of the "little known facts" you learn on message boards... :)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve...O
/img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif Steve, that's for certain.

Greg, you got my support and a sure "buy" for future DR sets. This one's been a real gem for me, blind buy basically since I missed almost all of this one in it's original run.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc

Originally Posted by Jeff Willis
/img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif Steve, that's for certain.

Greg, you got my support and a sure "buy" for future DR sets. This one's been a real
gem for me, blind buy basically since I missed almost all of this one in it's original run.

Thanks Jeff!!!! I can't wait for this Season 4 regarding "The Donna Reed Show" to actually be released!!!! It will be a 'SUPER GEM' since it will have all the 'Missing Episodes' included on the DVDs that weren't previously shown on "Nick at Nite" or "TV Land" for that matter. The one and only episode that had been shown on these networks from Season 4 was the episode entitled, "Mouse at Play" So 38 out of these 39 episodes that were filmed for Season 4 have never been broadcast on these Networks!

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Mary Owen who is Donna Reed's Daughter announced just very recently that 'Season 4' regarding "The Donna Reed Show" will most likely be released in the year 2011. I suspected that it was going to be 2011 for this DVD Release, but I was just hoping it might be out for this coming Christmas, since last year when 'Season 3' had come out officially on December the 1st, it was a Fantastic Christmas Present!!!! As Mary says, getting it out on DVD is no small expense. So if any of you know how to get the word out about this coming release of this rarely seen 'Fourth Season' of "The Donna Reed Show" which will feature Shelley Fabares singing the tune "Johnny Angel," then please by all means, do your expert 'BEST' to spread the word so that 'DVD Sales' in this poor economy will be positive for The Donna Reed Show's DVD Release concerning this Great Season 4. And if the response by consumers is positive for Season 4, this will encourage Mary to work on the release of Season 5 as well!!!! THANKS...

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc

Originally Posted by AlanP
Is the same company releasing it or is it Shout ??
Alan, Virgil Films & Entertainment is definitely not releasing 'Season 4' of "The Donna Reed Show." I do not know who exactly is going to release 'Season 4' at this time, but Mary Owen said it WILL be released, but there is just no actual release date as yet!!! Right now there is something very important cooking with her Mother's TV Show in which she is not suppose to be talking about, so no one is pressing Mary to give further details. Sorry that I can't be more definitive about this, but I just don't know the answer at this present moment!! I am surely not about to rock the boat by asking Mary questions that she is not allowed to answer at this present time. It might surely ruin the deal with whomever she is doing business with in order to get her Mom's 'Fourth Season' Released!!!! I am just as excited as you obviously are Alan about being able to view this 'Fourth Season' regarding The Donna Reed Show!!!!!!

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Great News indeed! Of course it will be even greater when a release date is announced but its good to hear that things are moving along. Greg thanks for your passion for this show! I'll be buying this on street date for sure!!

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Just got around to watching season one !!!
I had seen them in syndication years ago, did not remember one of them.
It was such a great series. I am looking forward to SEASON four if that happens.
Next up will be season two, I am sure it will take me awhile to watch it.
Then, will do season three hopefully by then season four will have arrived.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by AlanP
Just got around to watching season one !!!
I had seen them in syndication years ago, did not remember one of them.
It was such a great series. I am looking forward to SEASON four if that happens.
Next up will be season two, I am sure it will take me awhile to watch it.
Then, will do season three hopefully by then season four will have arrived.
Sounds like a 'Perfect Plan' Alan!!!! Good for You!!!!!!

It is so difficult to 'Wait' for SEASON 4, but Mary Owen sent out a 'Face Book Message' a couple of weeks ago telling us to be patience, and that we will get our Season 4!!!!! Your lucky Alan that you had waited to buy the Season's 1 through 3 DVD's. I couldn't wait, and have watched episodes from all three seasons- several times!!!!

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Update: All the 39 Episodes from 'Season 4' concerning "The Donna Reed Show," will be Complete and Uncut!!

Teen Idol & multi-talented 'James Darren' makes his second Guest Appearance on this sitcom during this 'Fourth Season' singing his hit song number, "Goodbye Cruel World" in an episode entitled, "One Starry Night." And as I mentioned previously, Shelley Fabares will be 'Featured' in a special episode entitled, "Donna's Prima Donna" singing her famous hit "Johnny Angel." Paul Petersen will also be singing his first top ten hit entitled, "She Can't Find Her Keys" in which he performs it during a dream sequence in an episode entitled, "For Angie With Love" all from this great 'Fourth Season' of "The Donna Reed Show."

'Stay Tuned' for further developments concerning this Iconic TV Series...

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg2356
You'll see it!!!!!
Sure. Everything we've read suggests that Donna's heirs have no clue as to what the show is worth, how much it would sell nor how to market it. Do you have any idea how much it costs to author, package and produce a DVD set? Its not cheap. And the most important part of the process is having good distribution. Sorry, "oh, we don't want to license it, we'll do it ourselves" ain't very realistic. Unless they are content to sell tens of copies. It sounds like Donna's daughter is living in a fantasy world.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
There is a precedent for this, if I'm not mistaken. The children of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz inherited HERE'S LUCY and THE MOTHERS-IN-LAW and have done a really good job of getting those out on DVD. It can be done. I'd like to see Mary Owen get in touch with the Arnazes.

Of course, the Arnazes were willing to spend some money to present their parents' legacies in the best way, even though I can't imagine that they expected to make a ton of money off THE MOTHERS-IN-LAW. So they might be a rare case. Even David Nelson doesn't seem to have much interest in the show he owns.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Joe Lugoff said:
Even David Nelson doesn't seem to have much interest in the show he owns.
Which really breaks my heart.

Gary "you're referencing my most wanted show at this point - and I know it's never going to happen" O.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Joe Lugoff
There is a precedent for this, if I'm not mistaken. The children of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz inherited HERE'S LUCY and THE MOTHERS-IN-LAW and have done a really good job of getting those out on DVD. It can be done. I'd like to see Mary Owen get in touch with the Arnazes.

Of course, the Arnazes were willing to spend some money to present their parents' legacies in the best way, even though I can't imagine that they expected to make a ton of money off THE MOTHERS-IN-LAW. So they might be a rare case. Even David Nelson doesn't seem to have much interest in the show he owns.
Yes, except for one minor detail you left out - they licensed the show to MPI and had a legitimate company with distribution put it out. They didn't try to do it themselves. Also, I think the Arnazes are a lot wealthier than Donna's kids so maybe the money wasn't an issue with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks