What's new

The 4400 Season 4 (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
That sounds like a good possibility, but I've no idea exactly where they are going.

Neil

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Really? I actually thought this was the weakest episode of the season, it was kind of boring in my opinion.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
yeah these coupla episodes slowed things down. how many eps this season? 13? the clock is aticking...

summer glau is also going to be in sarah connors chronicles. she's pretty good in the pilot =P

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

I was thinking the same exact thing. I was also wondering if (even though Richard was able to age her back to a baby) if she'll just experience the same rapid growth again. And having "reset" her back to her "original" self, she might just re-develop all the same powers again. Don't know if that's the road they're going to pursue, but seems like a possible theory to me.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Well, from the end of tonight's episode it looks like the newly regrown Isabelle may be getting her powers back in the next couple of episodes. Now, how are they going to get the "Mathew Ross" personality out of Tom Baldwin? Can Shawn do that down the line? They can't leave him in there, can they?

I know we all thought Cassie was bad news and tonight's episode seemed to prove it. First her information got Isabelle to the marked Tom Baldwin with the probable goal of her getting her 4400-destruction powers back. Next, she wants to get rid of Shawn. I can't see how she will be able to convince Kyle that killing Shawn will be the right thing to do. Things are definitely getting more complicated and heating up.

Neil

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
Yep ... Cassie does appear to be bad news. I don't think we've ever seen what happens if Kyle doesn't listen to her/do what she says. I wonder if she could actually harm him and/or force him to do it???

Not that I really want him to stay that way, but am I the only one who kind of liked the "badass" Tom Baldwin??? :) Yeah, yeah, I know it's not really him, but it still was fun seeing "Tom" take down Richard and Cora and then hiding Isabelle away at his house.

And again, don't know if it's just me, but has Diana become just a supporting player this season?? Other than the first episode or two (when she was looking for her sister) it seems like she's barely around.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

Getting? :laugh: :laugh:

Her first aging transformation was ridiculous. The movement forward of the show and how good of an evil character she turned out to be has just made us forget how lame it was for her to age so quickly. I suppose it's a credit to the show that there is so much they do right that it makes you forget some really silly twists. I enjoyed the ep and have enjoyed the season. I thought we were in for several "reset button" moments when Lily came back, Isabelle aged and Tom was possessed. After all, we know Tom can't be permanently possessed, can he? I too do like him as a bad ass and I thought the practical joke use of the jedi mind trick was hilarious. I like how most of the storylines ended in the episode though the writers will have the same problem they had with Isabelle the first time around -- truly omnipowerful villains push the writing into a corner to come up with a way to defeat them and the resolution is rarely satisfying. Guess they have to find a way to get Collier close enough to her to neutralize her.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Except for her role as the guardian of Maia, I've always looked at her as the Other Agent. Sort of like the Olivia Benson to Tom's Elliot Stabler.

Sort of a coup getting Laura Allen back for an episode. I don't think it's a coincidence that the flashback scenes to her impregnation happened in the same episode where a vision of Lily temporarily comes into Richard's life.:)

I think the biggest revelation of this episode was that Jordan Collier fully supports the complete genocide of a full 50% of the human race. That's a pretty huge change even from last summer's season finale.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i agree with the taken comment. baldwin's scumbag character was so well done that it stayed with me here... then i liked this character better... but now they're re-treading? >). anyways....

this season is the best 4400 season yet =). very nice.

re: jordan, there's always somn interesting about his method of rationalization. he's always been the shadiest character on 4400 from the start. you could never trust him 100%.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Jordan's call for a "generation of sacrifice" was pretty shocking, considering his past sermons about how 4400s and non-4400s alike must work together to secure a better future. Logically, he's got to know that his vision of everyone taking the shot won't come to pass unless everyone is forced to take the shot. Many people will simply decide not to take the shot because they have enough to live for not to risk it on a 50/50 coin toss. Indeed, Shawn's plan is likely to result in more people gaining an ability, because risk would be all but eliminated. Under Jordan's plan, many people who would gain an ability would never take the shot because of the risk. Under Shawn's plan, with the risk eliminated, a much higher percentage of those who will benefit will decide to take the shot.

Jordan spoke earlier of a small class of super-elites hogging all the resources and enforcing their will upon the masses in the future. I wonder if Jordan is unwittingly making that future a reality by creating an elite class of enhanced humans?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
you outlined it perfectly. i think the issue has to do with inconsistency of character traits. jordan didn't even know what he was supposed to be doing while he was running around w/those 2 runaways... but now that he's back, driven by kyle's "visions" he's even more inconsistent than he was before. there's just a lot of back and forth. either way, i think it's great stuff because things are changing so fast! talk about pacing+plots. things are taking off quickly.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Holy cow, a breakneck episode tonight. Tons of conspiracy setup, threats made, those in the way killed.

And now we have a pretty good idea of how "The Marked" operate as body snatchers, who's who.. and who "Tom" is now. Setting up Izabelle.. will she have no choice? Or is there a way out..

;)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It was quite impressive. Will NTAC figure out the names of the Marked? Isabelle looks to be in a real bad situation. Will she confide in Kyle? I'm betting that she will defy the Marked and die in the season finale.

Will Kyle figure out that "Cassie" has led them to a bad situation? If Isabelle kills anyone in Promise City, he should realize what has happened.

Will Collier be marked? That is such a wild idea to turn things on their head.
If Collier does get marked then they don't really need Isabelle to start killing 4400s - at least not until the marked Collier does enough damage to the movement.

Can Shawn cure Tom? Diana has to think of that as a possibility, though how could they have him gain access? They'd have to knock Tom out first.

And due to the holiday weekend, we get to wait two weeks until the next episode.

Neil

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Quite an episode. Things are definitely moving toward the finale now. I wonder how Maia's relationship with the Lily-eqsue illusion of her original parents plays into this? As it stood now, it served as a reminder of how old some of the 4400 actually are.
We all thought that markedTom wanted Isabelle to capture Jordan Collier to finish him off. The truth proved to be far more sinister. A particularly dark touch was zooming in on the photo of the Bill Gates-type's family. How long have they had a dad that's not their dad? Will they ever know why he abandoned them?
Clearly there are a finite number of body snatchers; an old host needs to be elliminated before a new host can be infiltrated.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Holy cow! I didn't ever imagine that this episode would end the way it did. I kept thinking they would "pretty bow" a lot of things and come up with some wonders.

This has been a GREAT season for 4400.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who thought "Tom" was going to kill Maia? I wonder why it looked like they had Jordan under an ICU situation. Will Tom bleed out before they can get shit straightened out? And what's Kyle's apparition's agenda?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks