What's new

The Crown: The Final Season (1 Viewer)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I watched all four of the new episodes this morning, and I liked it a lot. Keep your Kleenex handy.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Finished watching the first four episodes over the weekend.

I don't know what the outrage is all about. Yes, the show has taken liberties as it always has and the blowback about having Diana appear as a ghost may be warranted, but yet, it worked fine for me.

Really enjoyed these episodes.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I don't understand the issues some seem to be having either. We're totally enjoying the show, and watching Elizabeth Debicki as Diana is a real treat. She's absolutely perfect.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I don't understand the issues some seem to be having either. We're totally enjoying the show, and watching Elizabeth Debicki as Diana is a real treat. She's absolutely perfect.

Beautiful and perfect in that role, absolutely. She had every nuance down. Remarkable actress in the role of a lifetime.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don't understand the issues some seem to be having either.

I was talking with my wife about this after we finished this batch of episodes, because we didn’t have an issue either - it seemed entirely consistent with everything that’s come before in terms of writing, production and acting.

I think it may come down to the idea that the show is now brushing up against its audience’s memories of these people and events and so any liberties taken, or any characterization that seems different from how people who lived through this imagined the people in question to actually be like, draws a different reaction. Claire Foy and Olivia Coleman had the opportunity to portray events that happened before a lot of the audience’s collective memory of the Queen and her family kick in.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I was talking with my wife about this after we finished this batch of episodes, because we didn’t have an issue either - it seemed entirely consistent with everything that’s come before in terms of writing, production and acting.

I think it may come down to the idea that the show is now brushing up against its audience’s memories of these people and events and so any liberties taken, or any characterization that seems different from how people who lived through this imagined the people in question to actually be like, draws a different reaction. Claire Foy and Olivia Coleman had the opportunity to portray events that happened before a lot of the audience’s collective memory of the Queen and her family kick in.

Quite true, Josh.

As I watched Dodi proposing to Diana and the conversation that ensued with her turning him down, I turned to my girlfriend. I said, "There is no way that it can be proved this proposal or conversation actually happened."

What we do know is, if true, that Princess Diana had a phone conversation with her son Harry and told him that he should not listen to the rumors from the papers that she would marry him. She said that in fact, she would not.

In retrospect, had Diana and Dodi not died in that crash, it would have been a good thing that she was not planning to marry him. The Fayed family had questionable ties/relationships.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks