What's new

The 4400 Season 4 (1 Viewer)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Was Diana's reaction one of disgust because Tom had had fantasies about her, or was it one of disappointment because he had had only one or two?

Yeah, who doesn't see what's going on there? At least the interaction between Shawn and the Senator is more subtle and more believable (from Shawn's perspective). I have to admit, the trash talk about the Senator on the news was pretty compelling evidence that he means what he's telling Shawn. Isabelle, on the other hand, doesn't have a shred of credibility and should never be trusted beyond what can be corroborated.

Kyle said that he was put at the scene of the accident so he could help Isabelle escape. It seems to me that she would have escaped on her own anyway. I think it would be just as logical for Kyle to assume that he was put there to prevent her escape. Has Kyle's ability weighed in on the appropriateness of his decisions since he rescued Isabelle?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Diana's reaction to the question was the highlight of the episode for me given their history (even though Tom has been pre-occupied with Alana for the past few seasons). I think Diana was just mortified by the question (and the answer).

I was mentally screaming at April to ask the creep who was trying to get her to go with him to Arizona for the truth to stop him dead in his tracks momentarily. I would think that would be second nature to her by now, but I guess not.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
All things considered, I think I'd really rather be burdened by Maia's ability. It may be more random and less constructively directed, but it never leaves you second-guessing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Really strong episode tonight. I'm glad that Kyle decided not to shoot up his dad, and I'm frightened - though not surprised - by how eager Jordan was to accept his role as messiah and religious leader.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The interaction in that town/commune was very telling about how things could go. Very effective episode last night.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Can someone please tell me who the actress is that played the "souped-up psychiatrist" (as Tom called her)? I've seen her in something else but it's been driving me crazy trying to think who she is.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Her and Tom were giving each other looks. I wonder if the writers are testing the waters to see how they would be as a couple.

Lisa Sheridan also was in the short run tv show "Freakylinks".

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
last season, i had written this series off already... but i was feeling withdrawal from the lack of stargate and TV stuff in general... so i gave s4 premiere a try and this season is a huge leap ahead of all previous seasons imho =). they took their time and now the series is hitting their strides.

this sunday's will be interesting =P.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
creatively, it seems like the possibilities for this show are endless....we're halfway through the season pretty much, and they're just starting up a storyline.

How long will this show run? i'd love to know when we'll get definitive answers as to what happens in the future.

Somehow I get the feeling that it'll get to the point where nothing happens, and the final episode shows all the characters getting plucked from the past and being given abilities...with the final shot having them sent off in a ball of light. Basically an endless loop with the events happening over and over again....it would suck, but i wouldn't put it past them.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Is that the first time someone on the show has referred to the originals as "original recipe"? I know the "original recipe" and "extra-crispy" monikers have been used all over the internet, but I don't remember actually seeing it on the show until now.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
This makes me wonder whether injecting him with promicin will stop him from becoming a Marked agent or reverse the effects.

Neil

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Or, if Isabelle just added him to the list to give one of the marked Promicin abilities in this time period.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Ah I had forgotten that Marco had said that already.

Seems pretty obvious to me that the new boss is one of the Marked. I also thought that the city councilman or whatever he was would end up being one, but I guess thats not the case.

As for a totally random guess for another one of them, wouldn't it be interesting if Kyle was?

I actually loved the feel of this episode, with the cheesy movies put in there, it made it feel even more like a Twilight Zone episode or something, it was great.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I doubt the new boss is one of The Marked. She wasn't in a position of power when The Marked were marked. Still, it would make sense to mark someone from NTAC, and the Elite Agents are from the future and may therefore have known she would have been given run of the place. However, Tom, as a Marked Sleeper Agent, fulfills the role of Marked NTAC agent, if one is needed for drama purposes. I'd be happy to be proven wrong about NTAC's boss, though.

The city-councilman-running-for-mayor guy is just a small-potatoes hate-spreader pursuing a petty agenda, not worthy of receiving the mark.

I doubt Kyle is marked, because Curtis Peck said -- before they "got to him" -- that none of The Marked has any abilities.

I, too, loved the feel of this episode! In particular, the trailer for The Marked was laughably incompetent, but captivatingly earnest and, in context, very creepy.

With the introduction of The Marked, we've entered a whole new realm of suspense. I'm sure we're in for some great surprises, whoever they turn out to be. :)

If you're going to abduct someone and give him the ability to create movies that reveal the truths behind conspiracy theories, why Curtis Peck? That's like abducting Stephen Hawking and giving him the ability to predict the outcome of all the NBA games in which he's a first-string player. (Okay, that's a bad example, since for any NBA game with Hawking as a first-string player, the safe prediction is that Hawking's team will lose. But you know what I mean.) Why not abduct someone who can make world-class movies and who knows how to tell a good story, like Stephen Speilburg or George Lucas? Okay, not Lucas. ;) but why Curtis Peck?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks