What's new

Speaker size (1 Viewer)

bud659

Agent
Real Name
keith
I am looking for any suggestions on a speaker system where the speakers are small but sound good and be in $300-$400 range. I like the Energy Take Classic 5.1 but they were a little too large for my liking. The regular Energy RCs are $599 and a great size - but out of budget :( any suggestions on a small speaker that is a good value?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The HSU Ventriloquist. http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vt-12.html They are $299 but you also need a sub which would again put you over budget. Good sounding tiny speakers are harder to find and seem to cost more than good sounding regular speakers. I never really cared for tiny speakers because they tent to sound "tiny". But the ventriloquists actually sounded pretty good. So did the Take Classic 5's. Try listening to some of the Polk and Infinity satilite speaker systems like the RM 6750 and TS-800. I've always like the Definitive Technology's like this one. http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Technology-Cinema-60-6-System/dp/B001GOK9GE/ref=sr_1_21?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1313544410&sr=1-21

bud659

Agent
Real Name
keith
thanks for the suggestions. this gave me some samples to do a little more research. The Energy Take classics are 3/4 of an inch in Height over the Ventriloquist and almost an inch over the Definitives. About the same for the polks. I guess to get into the size of Energy RC I need a larger budget. From the samples in my budget from the Energy Classics, Polk, Ventroliquist and Definitives mentioned, since they are close in size , which would sound the best watching movies and sports :cool: on a SR-508 Onkyo 7.1 ? (although using 5.1 is fine if Im limited to this)

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
This is too tough to answer. I'd throw the Polks out first unless you wanted to save some money. I think the Def Techs are probably better overall but it's hard to recommend speakers for someone else. You may not like what I do. Ideally, the Take Classic's 5.0, if you can find the speakers without the sub, and then buying a better sub would be the way to go. The Takes are very good with vocals for their size. In short, they're all pretty good. And to make matters worse, this little Boston package from Vanns.com is right there with them. And at $249, it's quite a bit cheaper! http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/544779013/boston-acoustics-cs2310b I know, I wasn't much help. But you can't go wrong with any of them at those prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks