What's new

snow poll (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Dallas, Texas. Was snowing earlier, might be now, and probably will in the morning. It isn't sticking, but the streets will probably freeze over.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Muldrow, Oklahoma. Been snowing off and on all day. Snow predicted in a hit or miss fashion for tomorrow. We have 1" on the ground and people are acting like it's the end of the bloody world.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It's not snowing now, but there are a few inches on the ground. It is bitterly cold, though. The high temperature expected for Super Bowl Sunday is 7 degrees F.

It's a good thing the Super Bowl was here last year and not this weekend. The wimps in the media would have been complaining about the cold temperatures all weekend.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
...earlier than we thought...we were supposed to get 4-5 inches, but they revised the forecast last night to just barely flurries (if that).

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
There hasn't been any snow here in weeks. The season total must be only around 6". The next precipitation predicted is regular old rain sometime next week.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

CBS in Dallas has started to go wall-to-wall the minute a patch of ice is found anywhere in the area. I went to watch my Price is Right recording the last bout we had, and they had preempted it with an hour newscast to talk about the weather! The show airs at 10, when virtually everyone knows whether their work is open or closed for the day. It was sort of annoying when they had whole segments of kids playing in the snow. For this, they wreck their schedule? It was snowing at 10 here yesterday, and I haven't watched yesterday's recording. Who knows what I ended up with.

Missing the show isn't the end of the world, of course, but it is pretty lame for the media to go into crisis mode at the drop of a snowflake.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Wet snow here in Pittsburgh, the kind that slushes up the roads a little but nothing major. This winter has been pretty lame for snow so far. Santa picked a bad year to give my daughter a new sled, she has really only been able to use it just one day so far since Christmas.

On the other hand, I haven't had to do much shoveling!

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
Snow?? I don't understand what you are talking about. Sorry. Although, we have some visitors here to play a football game. I hear that they would know what you are talking about.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

No, it's going to be 66 today where I are.
This thread originated in Arkansas, a lovely state that shares part of a border with mine.
That's about 400 miles from where I live.
It snows here every 10 years or so, it's very exciting, we take pictures to show the younger children.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
You poor bastard. I did one winter in Rochester before I had to get the fuck out. I spent half that winter wanting to kill myself it was so depressing. I'm in the middle of my second Boston winter this year. Last year had two semi-major snow storms, this year hasn't had any. Brutally cold sometimes since 2007 started, but fairly free of precipitation. I think God hates everything west of Utica.

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
The winter so far has been pretty lame here too. It's not snowing right now either, but there's enough snow on the ground to make the lanscape appear white everywhere you look. Current temperature is -5C (23F).

Over here, we'd be taking pictures if there wasn't any snow during the winter. :D

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
I've got to move. It was -4 degrees F this morning, plus about 4 to 5 inches of snow on the ground and a nice brisk wind for a wind chill of -22.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
hmm Sounds like biking weather...:D

I biked to work today and the temp was about 6°, however, the predicted wind chill wasn't too bad, below treeline, there was only a couple gusts going down towards the valley I go into...

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks