What's new

snow poll (1 Viewer)

Jimi C

Screenwriter

The sun is actually shinning today, so it isn't that bad. Currently 5º. -17º with wind chill. I have no desire to leave my house with this cold. Snow is in the forcast for the next 7 days.

After that huge storm in October it had been very mild. It didnt get cold untill last week. 5º dosnt look that bad compared to the rest of the US.

Golden Snowball? We dont deserve it, has been a pretty lame winter for snowfall. I havnt had to shovel the driveway once this year. Of course, I only shovel it if there is no way I can get my car out of it.

Last time Buffalo won was 01-02.

Season Albany Binghamton Buffalo Rochester Syracuse City With Most Snow
2001-02 47.4" 63.5" 132.4" 58.1" 59.4" Buffalo

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
This is my first winter since moving south late last year. After spending all of my previous winters in Michigan, I don't miss the snow at all. The biggest shocker is that the sun actually shines in the winter down here.

Jimi C

Screenwriter

It sure does seem that way. Its depressing. I can understand why everyone is leaving WNY.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
We've had snow every week for the past 8 weeks. It finally broke 50 degrees outside the last couple days, but snow is expected again by the weekend.

Since the snow from the very first storm still hasn't gone away, yes I'm sick of it. :)

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
Well, according to the weather service, we got about 14 inches here. Last night, freezing rain caused the garage door to freeze in my building so I had to park outside. Oddly, the winds were high enough where I parked that I didn't even have to brush off the car this morning when I moved it back into the garage. It's not much, but I'll take it.:cool:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Here in Boise the sun usually shines unless precip is actually coming down. Last spring we even had a snowfall during brilliant sunshine! Talk about weird....

Boise had a cold, dry, but sunny January. Temps got down to around 10 degrees most nights. But now we are having an early spring: temps in the high 40's and low 50's with some gentle rains.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Fort Wayne, IN. We got 12" -15" over the last two days. Lots of blowing too. Fortunately, I have a snow blower, but last night, it was still tough to get through the end of the driveway where the plow bastard plowed me in. I will have more snowblowing to do after work tonight. BTW, I was in Dallas at the beginning of the month and I experienced the snow and ice there. I'm beginning to think it is following me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks