What's new

Sharp 60 or 70 C8470 (1 Viewer)

Okmiller

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Miller
I am looking at replacing a dead Samsung 56 in DLP, and I haven't kept up with current tv specs. I have settled on a Sharp Aquos, but I am having trouble deciding which size. Viewing distance is around 10-11 ft. The dlp has been great, but the aquos would be a big upgrade (big window behind couch washes out the Samsung during the day). Wife thinks 60 inch would be ok, but she has ok'd the 70 inch. I can't decide if the 70 in would be too big (and it cost $1000 more). If we weren't having to buy a new car later this summer, I think the 70 would be a no brainier. Also, going with a 60 would allow the difference for receiver upgrade and/or blue ray player. Recommendations on a 3d blue ray player are welcome as well. We actually replaced the lamp and color wheel in the Samsung a couple of years ago - pic was like new, but now it won't stay on for some reason.
Mike

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
A plasma will provide a better quality picture. Many consumers sacrifice image fidelity for net brightness, even though they perform their critical viewing mostly at night. I do not recommend any LCD TV for primary home theater viewing unless there are extenuating circumstances that require the compromise. The best value I know of for a 3D Blu-ray Disc player is the Oppo Digital player.
Best regards and beautiful pictures,
Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.
A Lion AV Consultants affiliate
"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

alexbigras

Auditioning
Real Name
alex bigras
Hi, if you want a 70 in., you're looking at the right time, the 70 c8470 just arrived and is a really good value. I work in a hifi centre in Canada, and we are testing this tv right now and she is far better than the 70'' from last year. Last year, the 70 inches tv from sharp were really bad, but this one is good, and for the 3D you have two pair of glasses in the box which are sold 139.99 each separetly. You also have the aquomotion 480 which gives you a better 240 hz than every 70 in. on the market. And for the price of the tv, I don't know where you live but you can have a far better price than the 4599 that is announced everywhere, for example, I've just sold one today at 3999, which is a far better price. for the bluray I'd go with the new 3d blu ray player of sharp, which is the AMS 10 I think.
have a good day
Alex

ShowMeCables

Agent
Real Name
Paul
I just replaced my 57" Mits DLP with the 60" Sharp Aquos from Costco. I too have the same set up, sitting about 10 feet from display. I have noticed that the Sharp LED has a much better picture, especially when viewing from the side. I didn't go 3D yet as I can't imagine wearing those glasses while I am relaxing around the house

Okmiller

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Miller
Well - ended up getting a Samsung led (un60d7000). A local hifi shop gave us a pretty good deal as they are trying to get rid of their 2011 models to make room for the 2012 models. Also picked up a new receiver (integra 40.3) and Samsung blu ray player. Man - these led tv's are a big jump from the old 720p Samsung dlp.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks