What's new

Saturday Night Live - 31st Season (2 Viewers)

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Worst of what's been a pretty brutal season, and I'm not one to complain about SNL. Weekend update was just terrible.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Bill Hader and Darrell Hammond tend to be the only two right now to watch for, Tina is alright, I don't mind Amy, she can be really cute, sometimes though... no.
I hated the spanking skit, it was unfunny.
Horatio Sanz, is probably the most unfunny person on the face of the planet. He needs to go and make Bill Hader a full time member.
Catherine Zeta Jones was meh. The whole thing seemed to be promotional material for... Chicago. Wait that's not out this year? WHAT!?? Three years ago, oops their bad.
The opening presidential skits are getting old, while some of the quotes were funny they are just getting old. At least spruce them up a little, add Darrell as Bill Clinton or Al Gore or something, not just a bystander.

Lance Armstrong ought to be interesting.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Yeah, and the skit where the Catherine the reporter chick looking worse went on far too long.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Tonight we have special guest host Lance Armstrong with musical guest and love interest Sheryl Crow.

What does everyone think the skits will be about? I just hope that there are no "1 ball" shots... but it is inevitable. :)

Ryan

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I quit watching after the Indigo Girls sketch. Man, that was painful. I have the rest recorded and will probably just skip to the Sheryl Crow performances, unless you guys tell me to check something out.

EDIT: I don't even know where the Indigo Girls stuff was coming from. I'm not a big fan, but I've never heard them say things that would make sense for them to be teased as ultra liberal, feministas.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
That was painful to watch, although I also bailed halfway through. Lance is a real athletic hero but comedy clearly is not his bag. This was an odd hosting choice which I can only assume was done because of the Sheryl Crow new album to hawk connection and Lance's generally broad appeal.

I was flinching in embarrassment during the Indigo sketch and thought both and Lance and Sheryl probably read more into the stray dogs running around them at that point.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The 80s smoke alarm commercial made a return in the commercial special last night. I'm hoping they will release this on DVD.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

Not polical, but the Indigo Girls made a lot of press this summer for a sex-education in schools tour they were shut out of numerous schools for discussing gay rights issues throughout the west & south. So, it made a lot of press over the last 12 months or so.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
This week we have Jason Lee as the host and the Foo Fighters as the special musical guests. It looks very promising, with two of my favorite acts in entertainment in one show, it is sure to be something great.

Special note, a special entitled "SNL in the 80's" airs tomorrow on NBC.

Ryan

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was laughing hard during the Falconer skit. The Caulk skit was funny (and funnier than most of the other skits this season, even if the skit is low-brow, the snappy reparte and timing was the saving grace for the skit).

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I liked those two skits. I know it's been said but there needs to be a better writing staff. Jason did an excellent job hosting but the material was awful.

Hopefully they invite Jason back to host sometime soon.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Tonight we have special guest host Eva Longoria and muscial guest Korn.

-

Well, I know Eva can act, but I am not a fan Desperate Housewives and don't get me started on Korn. But I am not going to let the hosts stop me from watching. :)

I'm midway through the Spammies, and it is hilarious. :) Great start!

Ryan

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Eva's doing a great job. I loved her Lucille Ball impression, and the new girl is fantastic. I hate Korn though.

Best episode of the season. I love Jason Lee and the Foos but the material was a lot weaker last week.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
OMG, that was perhaps the WORST musical performance I've ever seen on SNL, and yes, I'm including last year's Ashlee Simpson debacle (at least that was good for a laugh). I've avoided the misfortune of hearing a Korn "song" all the way through up until now, but my luck ran out tonight. What a talentless black hole of suck that "band" is.

They really need to dump the opening sketches based on Bush speeches and press conferences. They're just not funny, and I don't think Will Forte's Bush works that well. Just do a "Hardball" sketch every week. Darrell Hammond is reliably funny as Chris Matthews, and when they get Forte's Zell Miller in the mix I'm usually ROTFLMAO. Although I do worry that Forte's going to have a stroke or something while doing that bit. ;)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I watched the first 30 minutes, then I thought I set my Tivo to record the rest of it, so I could go to bed, but it turns out I didn't.

The Spammies was good.

Eva wasn't doing much from what I saw of her.

The new girl is talented and also nice to look at.

Dane Cook will be the next host!

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks