What's new

Saturday Night Live - 31st Season (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, I was really impressed with Wiig. Her Felicity Huffman impression was great and with only one line! And yeah, she's cute :)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It's funny that the new guys are getting more screen time than Finesse, but it is not like they do not deserve it. That Vincent Price Thanksgiving sketch was hilarious!!!

I am starting to understand why people hate Horatio - he sukced as Hitchcock, except for when he walked with his hands on his stomach, that was funny.

I am a big Will Forte and Darrel Hammond fan, but I am gettin sick of having a political sketch every opening bit. It just gets a bit annoying and predictable. Plus, I want other people to say "Live from New York!"

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It looks like business is good, TVShowsOnDVD.com has announced that SNL will release the Best of David Spade and the Best of Alec Baldwin respectively on January 24th! Let's cross our fingers for a Mary Gross and Bobcat Goldwaith! :)

I would really like a new Chevy Chase DVD and a re-release of some of the older titles not yet available.

Next week's Special Guest host is the hilarios Dane Cook with musical guest yet to be announced. This week is a repeat of Steve Carell and Kanye West. It's worth it if you missed it and good enough for a repeat viewing.

I expect a Boston guy sketch, maybe Jimmy Fallon will come back for a "Sully and Denise" sketch?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Most of the material between the face transplant and GGR elf sketches was bad, the Carol sketch perhaps being the worst.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The elf was great, and Alec's delivery on one line in the face transplant skit killed me:

Doctor: Make sure she stays on this hormone medicine, or her body will reject the face.

"Oh, this one? Oops!"

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
After a lowpoint in SNL that was the Dane Cook episode, last nights was very very funny.

That GGR sketch was hysterical ("Elf you"), especially when he lapsed into "Always Be Closing.. Uhhh, Always be cobbling". I just can't believe that it was the last sketch of the night.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
A question from the news segment on the Alec Baldwin episode. Does anyone remember the punchline about the movie "Brokeback Mountain" that Tina Fey said was her dad's joke??

ps-Still love the Sweaty Balls sketch with Baldwin.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
A couple observations:

Obviously, the elf sketch was cut short. The ending didn't make sense ("you will get bonuses this year! Yeah!"). I think they cut it for time, because then ending walk out was very short, just enough time for him to thank everyone, and then they cut away.

And, I'm not sure that Alec was supposed to feel Amy up in bed during the face transplant sketch. You can see her give him a dirty stare when he starts, and several times throughout, and then, at the end, she rips into him, and he ducks out laughing. Very funny, but probably, not as originally rehearsed.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I thought the same thing too, but she yelled at him the same way after the opening monologue, so I figured it was rehearsed, but yes, it did seem like she was really angry.

And all this talk about Alec and no mention of Shakira???? :eek: I almost melted when she was dancing during the 2nd song. And when she was tugging at her shirt and pulling it up! Oh DAMN!!!!!! (drool!)

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Alec usually proves to be a great host. This time was no different. I was wondering what he'd be able to do, he's not really promoting anything. The opening bit was great about being able to fondle Amy's chest.
Shakira is so hot.
The Brokeback Goldmine and It's Carol were annoying, frustrating and disturbing. I hate Horatio and nearly anything he's in is not funny, once again with the exception of his impression of Aaron Neville.
Amy gets more and more cute every week, she kind of looks like Kristen Bell a bit, I'm surprised they haven't done a Veronica Mars skit with her yet.
Hrmmm maybe SNL will get Kristen Bell... *drool*

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/17/05 Jack Black

The material was actually funnier than the average episode of SNL, but Jack Black was awful at cue card reading.

Jack's King Kong song was kinda funny.

The windy Sbarro skit got funnier as the wind got stronger.

The Appalachian ER had 2 funny moments (watermelon, and getting nailed in the ABC).

Christmas Time for the Jews was cute.

Samberg and Parnell's Chronic-what-cles of Narnia was hilarious.

The Debbie Downer skits needs to be retired.

Tenacious D made an appearance at the spelling bee, which also turned out hilarious for the extended spelling of "business": brdtfklmghrkwtfnylkpqwqrtdfplmkqkwqqqqqqqqqqqqstfj rqmtsdtqmprftdpdpmhrktbtf

Brokeback Planet was awful.

RyanAn

Screenwriter

I really thought this was one of the best episodes of recent memory, maybe in my top 20... I have not laughed so hard at every sketch in a long, long time.

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks