What's new

Saturday Night Live - 31st Season (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

You can try to justify it however many ways you want to but in all seriousness, would you have defended the same skit if they had used 9/11 as the backdrop a month after it happened?

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I remember just thinking WTF during the GGW skit, it wasn't that funny, but it wasn't offensive. IMHO.
It's a different situation then 9/11, I can't explain it any different.
I also think they were trying to make fun of GGW and the fact that they'll go anywhere and any place to get footage.
Again I don't think it was that offensive, I guess to each their own. But maybe if you didn't like it, don't watch it.

/not trying to be a jerk... honestly.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Just remember, after 9/11 nobody was joking about it; everyone was joking about Bush in regards to Hurricane Katrina.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Who cares. SNL is a show based on SATIRE. That's what they do and that is what it is.
I thought that was one of the funnier skits actually.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Yes. They weren't making fun of Katrina victims, but of the tastlessness of the GGW videos in the first place. They shoot most of the videos they advertise in New Orleans, and the Hurricane didn't stop them. That was the joke. Wasn't a particularly funny one, but nothing meant to make fun of the victims.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Tonight's follow-up to the season premiere features Napoleon Dyamite's lead Jon Heder and famed singer Ashlee Simpson in a return from one of last season's most memorable moments.

Do you think they will have any references towards any certain musical performances? :) I would love to see something Napoleon related, but it would be understandable if he wants to try and differentiate from the character.

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
They just aired a brief commerical with Fred Armisen, Jon Heder, and Ashlee Simpson...

Jon: Hi, I'm Jon Heder and I'm hosting Saturday Night Live with musical guest Ashlee Simpson.

Fred: Hey Ashlee... Uh, haven't you been on the show before?

Ashlee: Yes, yes I have.

Fred or Jon: Oh, How'd it go?

BLANK stare. :)

Ryan - I CAN NOT WAIT!

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I can't believe they brought Ashlee back. IMO, her first appearance was an embarassment, but bringing her back as some sort of ratings grab is an ever bigger embarassment.

Carl_G

Stunt Coordinator
What an awful show last night. It was a train wreck that wasn't even interesting enough to watch. I bailed as Ashlee did her first number - she truly has no talent and was simply a ratings prop. Heder is a one trick pony - anything non-ND is flat out boring. Which writer phoned in the werewolf with a moustache bit? Is there a writers strike we don't know about?

Painful.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
For those who saw Rob Cordry's piece interviewing the maker of GGW this past week, I guess truth is stranger than fiction.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I admit that last night's Kaitlyn sketch was not the best, it still had it's moments. What about the Taco City skit? It's funny that the 3 new guys seperately had more on screen time then Finesse and Keenan put together. :frowning: But atleast they utilized it well. I loved the funeral bit.

Ryan

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
The kaitlyn skit is funny, the skit they need to get rid of and was funny once, was Debbie Downer. That episode was funny once when the cast couldnt keep a straight face and that was only because of Jimmy Fallon. Other than that that skit is terribly stupid.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
The first two eps of this season just continue to reflect the recent SNL trend of repeating a once or twice popular skit (Debbie Downer, Kaitlyn, etc.) until its completely Dead.

They didnt even do this many Unfrozen Caveman Lawyers.

What I mean is, I can see repeating a truly funny idea, but now its like they rely way too much on one hit wonders.

Hell, I thought Kaitlyn was funny the first time I saw it, but now its sooooo played.

UGH.

Have they no original ideas or is Dr Evil squashing any and all inspiration from the show ?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Wasn't Tina Fey one of the main writers? It will be nice to get her back. I turned it off after the horrible Weekend Update.

BTW, didn't that shot of the Funeral Home in the Taco skit seem kind of... like a mistake? It didn't seem to fit.

Ric

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Sporadic humor. The Taco Town commercial was good. After that point, not much to laugh about. I did like the Univision TV show with Fred Armisen. Ashlee's first song was a groaner, made worse by the back story.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Okay, the Black Eyed Peas sell out commercial was funny. The answering service woman on a date pulled a few laughs too. They actually had some funny material at the END this time!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I only watched the first few skits. And with the exception of the Leopold Samsonite monologue...it was horrible. And I this cast is the worst with regards to reading from the cue cards. It was painfully obvious last night. Especially the guy playing Bush. He wasn't even not trying to not look at the cue cards. Horatio Sanz was just as bad during the the school presentation skit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks