What's new

Saturday Night Live - 31st Season (1 Viewer)

Beau

Supporting Actor
I actually thought it had more than a few pretty good sketches than usual. The taco one was great, I still love that talk show Fred does, and I thought that stuff Will Forte did on Update was hillarious. Though that character Amy Poehler does is annoying as hell. And it seemed that Poehler was on an unusual ammount of time this week.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It's the Amy Poehler Show! And for good reason in my opinion... She is great at improv, and seems like she can hold her own amoung the top SNL alum. Ferricito by Fred Armisen is another character that continues to make me crack up. Fred is male version of Amy, as from the first time I saw him, I thought he was the man.

I know that sometimes they may strectch for material, but I miss seeing all the cast every episode. Bring back SNL on Thursdays! :)

Ryan

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I keep thinking that the funeral home was part of the taco commercial skit. I mean, based on those tacos, that is probably to where all the people who eat them end up going.

I didn't like Ferrecito at first, but he's growing on me. And Amy Poehler's little girl - well, my parents and I agree that Ms. Poehler has it down pat (the way that girls that age act).

Last night's episode for the most part didn't do as much for me as previous episodes, but I'm going to rewatch it just to see if I missed anything. Weekend Update just fell a little flat. But I loved the SNL actors as the Napolean Dynamite characters at the beginning.

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the Taco Town/funeral home mistake was funnier than when it appeared later. They show all this fatty food and then bang: funeral home. :laugh:

The monologue and Black Eyed Peas skit were also pretty good, but only an average episode overall.

Beau

Supporting Actor
That reminds me, I couldn't figure out who was playing Napolean. Fred was Pedro, Forte was the older guy, but I couldn't figure who was playing Napoleon. One of the new guys?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Leopold Samsonite was played by one of the new guys. Not the impressionist who did Al Pacino last week, and not the one with the big nose.

Are you wearing a bra? What the hell for?

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I am pretty sure it was Jason Sedakis that played Leopold. Was Chris Parnell even in this episode? I had heard chatter that this would be his final season. :frowning:

Ryan

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

:D

What surprised me most about Ashlee is how she still looks like a Star Search contestant. You'd think they would have at least worked on her stage presence and taught her what to do on stage. What has she been doing since her first go at SNL? She hasn't been taking singing lessons, that's for sure.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
She looks and sings more like Paris Hiltons ugly little sister then Jessica Simpsons ugly little sister.
Talk about ZERO talent and tought to look @.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone heard the story that this will be SNL's last season? That NBC won't renew it?

Every few years we hear this story, that NBC plans on cancelling it. Now, the story is out again.

On the radio this morning, they said that NBC is shopping around, getting ideas from writers to see if they can think of something to do in the time slot.

I find it hard to believe, but didn't know if anyone has heard anything more.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Jon, I'd flippin' die if the show was cancelled.

I forgot that SNL was back this weekend with as Guest Host Catherine Zeta-Jones as Musical Guest Franz Ferdinand - until I saw a preview. Of course I am not complaining. In a bit of sad news, Charles Rocket became the first SNL alumni to commit suicide on October 7. I hope there is some mention on tommorow's episode.

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Anyone have any comments on last Saturday's episode? I thought it was the weakest so far this season. :frowning:

Ryan

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was hoping for a hook to come out to remove that guy doing the commentary piece for Weekend Update.

RyanAn

Screenwriter

Or at least the wires for Matt Foley or Jimmy Fallon returning the the mothership. :)

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks