What's new

Saturday Night Live - 31st Season (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
My favorite bit was the human and alien trapped on the moon together. :D

When the alien broke the cockpit glass, do you think that wasn't supposed to happen? Jack's line about "you broke it, but you fixed it" sounded a bit improvised, like it wasn't supposed to break.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I decided to go to bed during Weekend Update so I'll catch the rest later.

Up to that point, the show was just unfunny. Jack Black was really bad at reading the lines (I don't remember him being that bad last time). The rap video was entertaining but I wouldn't say it was funny.

~T

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Best episode of the season, IMO.

The Kong song
The Stuart Little mouse trap commercial
The wind sketch ("Let's finish eating before the portal to Hoth opens again")
Lazy Sunday
Appalachian ER ("ABC")
"Christmas for the Jews" with Darlene Love!
Neil Young and his ancient band playing real music
A better-than-normal "Weekend Update" w/Tracy Morgan
The spelling bee sketch with The D!!

I've gone back and watched most of that stuff a 2nd time, and that NEVER happens (most of the time SNL gets deleted from my TiVo right after I whip through it).

Are you kidding? White guys rapping about Narnia and cupcakes? That's comic gold! :D

"We love the Chronic! What! Cles of Narnia" may become the next "Gotta have more cowbell".

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Man, I'm I just too old or out of the loop? Everytime I read these threads, the skits I find the funniest are the ones everyone hates and the ones I hate, everyone finds the funniest.

I found this episode to be extremely dull and boring.

What's wrong with me? :DThat's exactly how I felt as well.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Second half was better.

I loved the spelling bee sketch.

Black was still bad. I guess he didn't have much time to rehearse.

~T

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was one of the best episodes in a long time...almost every skit had at least a few funny moments.

If anyone can upload/find a link to the video and/or audio from "Chonic-What?-cles of Narnia," I would be forever in your debt. :)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

Craig, I was thinking the same this morning!
The Narnia rap was great. Plus, I think this was an important episode for Andy Samberg. He had been getting very little airtime this season (his first), not appearing at all in at least one episode. Along with his Glirk sketch (even though he was just imitating Ashton Kutcher IMHO), it made for a very good show for him.

I actually didn't care for him at all but the Narnia rap was hilarious.

... and I don't think it will be long before the Narnia rap will be all over the web like the cowbell sketch. And I hope that happens soon, because I was stupid enough not to leave the episode on my TiVo after watching it live.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Hmmm... some really mixed views on last night's episode...

I liked every sketch a lot and am loving the new SNL Digital sketches

"Cause Pibb and Red Vines is delicious!"

Ryan

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I watched that RAP 10 times now off my TIVO and it brings tears to my eyes.

Watch when they are buying the tix at the theater, the lady in the booth is cracking up. Plus I love the lines:

she must thought I was Aaron Burr...by the way I was dropping Hamiltons.

Yo, movie trivia is the illest !

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Is it just me, or have they been putting lame sketches at the beginning of the show and good ones at the end this season? Much more so than in the past, anyway.

That Chronic-What-Cles of Narnia rap was possibly the funniest sketch they've done in years!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Bill Hader was on Conan last week and he had a pretty interesting back story. Lorne Michaels heard about him through Megan Mulally, who saw Hader perform in a small L.A. improv group. He didn't have a manager and had been working as a production assistant for several years.

For his audition he did his Al Pacino talking to his maid and James Mason ordering donuts with an expired gift certificate.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Alex, thanks for that - I couldn't make out the name in that line.

I loved the bizarre movie references in the rap ("like McAdams loved Gosling"). Anything to get a rhyme...

Still have the show on my TiVo, cued to "Lazy Sunday". :)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Oh, did anyone else notice who was missing from this weekend's show (besides Maya Rudolph, who's still on maternity leave)...

Horatio Sanz. At least I don't remember seeing him featured in anything (and I rescanned the show last night).

No Sanz. Best show of the season. Coincidence?? You decide...

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
No love for the "A-Holes buy a Christmas Tree" (or whatever the sketch was called)? I LOVED how that new girl looked in her outfit...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The sketch was kind of lame, but she did look great. However I have the impression that's definitely not her personal style of dress, at least not the faux fuzzy stuff. I think the best part of the outfit was actually the jeans :).

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Decent ep. I did think we were in trouble when the FIRST sketch of the nite, The Sbarro bit seeemed to just hang there. The ending redeemed it a tad but honestly I don't picture anyone outside of NYC thinking it was that amusing. I HAVE eaten in a bloody Sbarro during Winter, (I know, a native New Yorker eating Sbarro is shameful!) and have been in that EXACT situation by the door and still I only mildly chuckled. And Black did seem AWFUL at cue card reading. Doesn't anyone memorize their lines anymore? 1/2 the sketches nowadays consist of people standing on stage talking to each other while they look almost completely in another direction. Watching a rerun of an a 70's era show, even the hosts seemed to have all the lines down for the most part. Maybe they had fewer potential sketches written altogether so they had less to memorize? I dunno.
Black was MUCH better being Black, doing Tenacious, the Kong song etc...

The rap was the funniest thing I've seen all year. The spelling bee was awesome.. q,q,q,q,q,q,q,q....
Where was Hoaratio? I know everyone dislikes him but I personally find him amusing. And yeah, "Downer" is becoming a bit of a downer.

Anyone think that Young's song order should've been reversed with the mellower one closing out the show?

All just my 2 cents...

:) d

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks