What's new

Saturday Night Live - 31st Season (1 Viewer)

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I didn't think the show was the best of the season, not that I've finished watching it, I'm in the middle of Weekend Update. I think these SNL Digital Shorts are becoming some of the best things they've done. The Lettuce one was funny in a WTF kind of way. I think Andy Samberg if he keeps doing this kind of stuff will be a great addition to the show.
I still kind of miss Bill Hader doing more on the show, I wish they'd drop Horatio all together and promote one or two of the new people. I wouldn't mind seeing Tina drop back a bit and promote Kristen.
Jason is getting more screen time and I actually like him, he plays his roles well.
I feel really bad for Finese he doesn't get any screen time despite being a regular. I mean bringing in Tracey Morgan for the King Kong thing during Weekend Update, poor guy.
I almost wish that someone else had been elected president so we wouldn't have to sit through Will Forte's impression, or get someone else to do it, can't Bill Hader imitate G.W.?
I think my favorite episodes this season are in order: Steve Carell, Alec Baldwin, and Dane Cook. I missed the Jason Lee episode, no one put it online. I have to finish the Jack Black one to get a good feel of it.
I almost forgot, Kristen Wiig is great, I think between her, Amy and Rachel we have some great female talent, Maya hasn't been on an episode since the season premiere, but I do like Maya. Tina... well I could care less about her, yeah she's cute but she doesn't add anything she's a hit or miss person for me.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Chronic cls of Narnia was by far the best thing they have done in years (well, the morgan stanly guy commercial is pretty good too).

My kid and I watched it 3xs last night and were cracking up.
Wife didn't think it was as funny tho.

Actually, pretty decent song, performed well!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The problem with the Sbarro sketch was they had to time out their lines with the door opening and the fan going. Those awkward pauses were just painful.

Also painful (and awkward) was the King Kong bit on WU. Man, was Tracy high or what? It's like he kept zoning out during the sketch.

Can't say any more about the Chronic-WHAT?-cles of Narnia. Does anyone have links to the previous Parnell raps? Especially the first one from the Britney Spears ep.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The only thing I liked about the Sbarro sketch was the "portal to Hoth" comment.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Thank you for the link, Anthony, but I could not get it to work. Anyone know one that will let me save it to the harddrive. Pretty please. :)

What about Finesse? Man, he can be really funny, was on Comic View and everything, but he had one line as a waiter. :frowning: I felt bad for him...

Thanks for the Sbarro's thing, that was a really funny sketch, I forgot about it.

Ryan

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

That was pretty funny, but the fact that they chose to spoof a relatively forgotten 20-year-old movie (has it been that long?!?!?!) was bizarre.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I loved this episode. Top 3:

1. Chronic what cles of Narnia: I thought Samberg was kind of annoying this season. Now, I am a fan for life. From the Narnia, to cupcakes, the Hamiltons, loved it. I don't think I can ever delete it from my Tivo.

2. A-holes buying a Christmas Tree - Wiig is another great new cast member. "Can I use your computer? I need to check my email" (BTW, just realized, Wiig was on season 1 of THE JOE SCHMO SHOW as Dr. Pat. Thought she looked familiar)

3. Darlene Love's song

This is starting to be a great season.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
The December 17 episode was the best so far in a season of not very good episodes. Although SNL is one of my all-time favorite shows overall, it has probably neared the end of its useful life for me.

Chris

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I happened to be changing channels and came across the snow in the Diner skit.
Was that suppose to be funny?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Hmmm...I wonder why? ;)

If you haven't experienced such a situation yourself, you probably wouldn't see the humor in it.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
That's what I said days ago. Sbarro is a pizzeria, not a diner. A pretty mediocre chain one at that. Ironically filled mostly with tourists too...

"The Sbarro bit seeemed to just hang there. The ending redeemed it a tad but honestly I don't picture anyone outside of NYC thinking it was that amusing. I HAVE eaten in a bloody Sbarro during Winter, (I know, a native New Yorker eating Sbarro is shameful!) and have been in that EXACT situation by the door and still I only mildly chuckled..."

;)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys guess what - it turns out the boss where I'm temping is the father of one of the writers of the digital short "CHRONIC-what-CLES of Narnia!" Pretty cool eh?

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks