What's new

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Joss Whedon's Live Action Marvel Universe TV Series on ABC) (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That means if I can get ABC via the antennae in my TV, then it's relatively easy to watch live TV (I only get ABC and CBS). If there's a storm or other problem, I get no channels.

All the TV I watch I get through either Hulu or a network website.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Guess she won't be on Person of Interest much longer then...

Edit: Shoulda read the article first... Guest appearance.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Chloe Bennett is saying the alien is a Kreehttp://youtu.be/nPjuwooNi8UNo real surprise, but its cool to know

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Sean Bryan said:
No real surprise, but its cool to know
Well, to be fair, most people in this thread guessed otherwise. You and I guessed correctly, though, so virtual high five!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Josh Dial said:
Well, to be fair, most people in this thread guessed otherwise. You and I guessed correctly, though, so virtual high five!
F**K YEAH!
image.jpg

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Sean,

Thanks for posting the Chloe Bennet piece. I loved her reaction when asked about The Avengers! :)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Well now Chloe is saying this:
image.jpg
Which is kinda BS, since that is certainly what she said. She said it was, and she was looking up information on the Kree in the comics to get a better understanding of what they are all about. So I wonder if she just wasn't good at articulating what she meant in that interview, or if she just got yelled at by Jed Whedon for letting that slip?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
She got yelled at. :) I get the feeling this is supposed to be a major reveal and for an actor to give it away is going to incur some wrath from her bosses.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I don't care either way. In fact, I try to avoid these things. People try to suck the fun out of finding out on our own time, instead everyone wants to have 'inside information' or to know how the story is going to unfold. I don't want to know. I want to be surprised at almost every turn. So she answered a question.. the moment she did it is all over the internet and people spend all the time dissecting it and what it means for the show.

We've gone form a point of people thinking 'this is a potential major spoiler' to making it headline news everywhere on one statement from an actress. Bah.

Just cranky today

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
mattCR said:
We've gone form a point of people thinking 'this is a potential major spoiler' to making it headline news everywhere on one statement from an actress. Bah.

Just cranky today
It's a reasonable point, though.

In October, I was at the New York Comic-Con, and there was a SHIELD panel - they showed the next week's episode a few days early, and then Jeph Loeb and the actors who play Fitz and Simmons came onstage to answer questions. I realized very quickly into the Q&A that there was almost nothing I wanted to know or be told about in advance. Nobody was asking behind the scenes technical questions about making the show (that would have been interesting to me and spoiler-free). Every question was pretty much about future plot points (this took place maybe three or four episodes into the show's run)... what happened with Coulson? Will any superheroes cross over into the show? Will the Shield characters appear in the movies? One person asked, "Joss often likes to kill characters on his show, do you know if your character will make it through the entire season?" It just went on and on like that for an hour, and it's amazing to me that people kept asking questions like that because the answer to every one of them was, "We can't tell you". But that's a certain segment of fandom that's like that.

I think Shield is taking too long for some reveals -- but the production team and writing staff should speed it up, that's the ideal solution there. I don't need to be told all of the answers ahead of the show, I'd just like the show to deliver them at a reasonable pace.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
If ABC has a big game changing ending, they shouldn't let it run into the next hour.Victoria Hand's going to kill Coulson's team, Nick Fury's driving through downtown D.C. in a shot-up S.H.I.E.L.D. SUV getting chased by the authorities, and then my recording cuts out. VERY frustrating. Seemed like a hell of an ending, too.The rest of the episode was an interesting exercise, in that the story they were telling was exactly the kind of story I've been looking for from the show, while the execution was as hamfisted as ever. Part of the problem is that they go on and on about how wonderful Skye is, which just turns her into a Mary Sue. If someone's awesome, show us, don't have other characters endlessly talking about it.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
That was one good episode tonight. I was pleased that we finally got to see Skye become an official member of S.H.I.E.L.D. I've been waiting for that moment for quite a while, and it didn't disappoint.

The entire scene with the 'Clairvoyant' (or so we thought) was very well done. It reminded me in some ways of the final minutes of an episode of the 1960s The Avengers ("The House That Jack Built"). I thought that scene was done very, very well. It was effectively creepy and chilling.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
All you missed were previews of next week's episode. That Nick Fury segment was a clip from the Captain America movie opening this week.
Thanks for the clarification, Matt. I knew I was seeing repurposed Winter Soldier footage, but the clip opened with a "Washington, D.C." location subtitle in the same font the show uses so I thought maybe the footage from the movie was being weaved into the show as everything at S.H.I.E.L.D. goes south.
Ockeghem said:
The entire scene with the 'Clairvoyant' (or so we thought) was very well done.
The bait and switch worked for me, because I figured Brad Dourif was too big of a name to be one-and-done.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Adam Lenhardt said:
If ABC has a big game changing ending, they shouldn't let it run into the next hour.Victoria Hand's going to kill Coulson's team, Nick Fury's driving through downtown D.C. in a shot-up S.H.I.E.L.D. SUV getting chased by the authorities, and then my recording cuts out. VERY frustrating.
For a second after reading your post I was like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" Then I realized you must have watched a promo clip from The Winter Soldier after the episode. I got the sense that is what they were showing and I promptly averted my eyes and fast forwarded. Good episode!My understanding is that next week's episode takes place after (or maybe during?) the events of The Winter Soldier. So make sure you see it this weekend. The events of the film should have major implications for this show going forward.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had been waffling about dropping the show or staying with it, but this episode made me decide to stay with the show certainly until the end of the season. I liked the episode a lot. I wish Bill Paxton could be made a permanent part of the show.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I liked last night's episode too, although I have a sense of betrayal coming from somewhere in the group.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I suspect Melinda is not the betrayer and could be there to find the mole. Though her actions when she made her secret phone call seems suspicious. So I hope it's not her. :)I thought she was calling Fury.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks