What's new

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Joss Whedon's Live Action Marvel Universe TV Series on ABC) (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Really as in 'this term exists' or as in 'that was a rhetorical question?' Or as in Skye is a Mary Sue?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
TonyD said:
The was a sort of wink and or a nod between Coulson and Ward as they were headed out.
I don't think there was a 'wink and a nod, kill everyone but the guy with Hydra'. If there was, I'll be disappointed. I think it's much more interesting the other way. We'll see.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Cameron Yee said:
Really as in 'this term exists' or as in 'that was a rhetorical question?' Or as in Skye is a Mary Sue?
All of the above I guess. Not exactly "red shirt" as far as references go. Anyway I still can't disagree with anyone about Ward. I really am just throwing it in for conversation.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
If Ward is Hydra, why did he kill or maim so many Hydra agents when Skye was in the closet?If he's not, why did Garrett seem to think he was just before he killed Hand and the others? And if he's not Hydra, killing Hand and the others is inexcusable, not to mention not credible.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Adam Lenhardt said:
If only the show were as great as that poster. It's a work of art that captures what I'd hoped the show would be.
Actually, with tonight's episode I think it finally got there.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This was almost like a reboot of the series, and I have to say it was one of THE most exciting, action-filled episodes of comic book TV that I've seen. I have no idea what Ward is about at this stage, but it's certainly going to keep me tuning in to find out.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Matt Hough said:
This was almost like a reboot of the series, and I have to say it was one of THE most exciting, action-filled episodes of comic book TV that I've seen. I have no idea what Ward is about at this stage, but it's certainly going to keep me tuning in to find out.
Yeah, I think that's the point. We now have an: is he? isn't he? situation going on, and that works for this show. I think if he comes out of this Hydra, this could work out very well.. if they come up with something plausible that makes him a double agent, it could be interesting - but how they pull it off would be unique.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
'Turn, Turn, Turn'I'm looking at two possibilities here:Ward is Hydra. Ward and Hand staged his turn so that he could infiltrate Hydra. I think either is cool. The first is obviously the most dramatic and would be the most kickass option. I feel it would be best for the show if they went that hard with it. It WOULD be a very "Whedon" type of plot development. But if its the second, that's still cool just not as dramatic. But it plays well into the cat and mouse double agent aspect of the show. I do not think that Ward just decided to infiltrate Hydra on the spot and decided to execute Hand and the guards to sell it. I mean, they could do that but I think it's much less likely than him being either true Hydra or putting on a show with Hand (and her still being alive). We'll probably have a better sense of this sooner rather than later. If Garrett didn't know that Ward was "Hydra" and he's happy to learn he was (obviously), then Ward may just be acting. However, if we see that Garrett knew Ward was "Hydra" before the turn, then it would be less likely that this is a ruse.Ether way, it's cool that the show is actually now doing stuff like this to get the audience engaged and wondering about possibilities. And I suppose it could be that Ward is Hydra but may wind up having second thoughts as things progress further. So ok, more than two possibilities.
image.jpg
image.jpg

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It would be interesting to know the reaction to this episode from someone who hasn't seen the movie

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Probably lots of surprise about Hydra and SHIELD and a little anger that the movie was spoiled. I would hope no one who hasn't seen the movie yet would watch this show first. Even before seeing this episode I knew it was likely to follow up on the events of the film. I've warned people away from watching the episode if they haven't seen it yet. And yes, it gives away major plot details of the film and is really meant to be watched after The Winter Soldier. The best viewing order would be: 'The End of the Beginning' - 'The Winter Soldier' - "Turn, Turn, Turn"
image.jpg

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see Winter Soldier yet. I enjoyed the episode and found the turns at the end terrific. Ward looks like he turned to the Hydra side. Didn't the lady say she could use the talents of a guy like Ward? Could be a ruse to throw the audience off.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I also have not seen WS yet. Other than the line "Captain America has defeated ...," I don't feel particularly spoiled, though that may change when I eventually see the film. Of course Cap is going to win; that's the way these films are written.

Not sure how this stunt will affect the ratings for the show if viewers not only have to watch the show from week to week, but plunk down money at the box office opening weekend to see a film that fits in with the show's storyline in order to know what's happening. I see the ratings for last night's episode were down 15% from last week (a new series low; less than 5 million total viewers).

They made a point of mentioning the use of non-lethal rounds a couple times last night (like when Coulson shot May), so Ward could be using those. They did make a point of showing blood pooling under Hand's body, but that could be a blood pack she was wearing to sell the ruse.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Quick question for anyone who knows. Are episodes of S.H.I.E.L.D. repeated during the week? I missed last night's episode. I would love to see it. Thanks.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
ABC.com or you can watch it on your iPad with the ABC app. But I know you are not an Apple person. :) An episode this big might be repeated this weekend.I wondered about the blood too, if it was fake or to show she really was killed.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Thanks. Much appreciated! I am going to look for it for the rest of the week.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I was curious so I checked the TV Guide app and it lists Turn, Turn, Turn will be repeated next Tuesday April 15 at 8:00pm followed by a new episode at 9:00pm. So next week will be 2 hours of Marvel fun.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Ockeghem said:
Quick question for anyone who knows. Are episodes of S.H.I.E.L.D. repeated during the week? I missed last night's episode. I would love to see it. Thanks.
They are replaying this episode next week at 8pm followed by the next new episode at 9pm.EDIT: I see the info was already given.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Clearly you don't have to have seen the movie to understand what is happening on the show, but the story of the show is really meant to compliment the movie. The big reveal about Hydra and SHIELD is really the MCU's reveal. If one isnt interested in watching the movies then the show still works, but I think something like this would be best discovered in the way it was meant to be revealed. If this weeks ratings were down, I'd like to think it was due to people holding off on viewing until they see Winter Soldier. Reading some interviews with the show runners, they said that when they pitched the idea of them doing a SHIELD show to the higher ups at Marvel Studios they said that's fine, but here's what we're doing to SHIELD in the Captain America movie. And the show guys were like, cool we can work with that. So it was the intention from the start of the show that SHIELD would fall by the end of the season. At this point, I'd like to be able to talk about some of the movie stuff and how it may tie into the show assuming that if you watch the show and are reading this thread you kinda already know the big picture of what happened. But I'd prefer not to spoil stuff for those that aren't in the know yet. So I'll just say, I wonder if the "algorithm" was being accessed by the Clairvoyant/Garett? Seems likely, no?As for Ward, based on some of the comments by the show's writers I'm thinkng its more likely that Ward really is Hydra and isn't pulling a triple agent ruse. But we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks