What's new

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Joss Whedon's Live Action Marvel Universe TV Series on ABC) (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I watched Turn, Turn, Turn tonight (I missed it last week). All I can say is wow. I never saw the Ward angle coming. And truth be told, this was the first time since the introduction of the character in this series that I really admired Hand. And as soon as I did, poof.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I hate the whole "Skye is moony-eyed" over Ward crap.

And Coulon being pissed at May for doing her job? Christ, get over it, you're both grown-up agents!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
Kind of a transition episode tonight with HYDRA getting its shop set up and the remnants of SHIELD trying to rally.

I guess there's no doubt about Ward any more.
Yes, they reinforced that he's been Hydra since the beginning. He owes Garrett everything.

The agents in the Fridge were not as sticklers for protocol as the ones where TAHITI was. I still wonder what Ward's story about what happened at the Fridge will be and how he got away. For that matter, what is going to be his story for leaving Providence, assuming that Skye and Coulson let him leave with the hard drive.

Thinking about it a bit more - Ward's story of what happened at the Fridge could be relatively close to what happened (they got attacked by the helicopter right as they gained access) and include the death of Agent Hand and her men. His explanation of how he escaped will be a bit trickier, though.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Dheiner said:
And Coulon being pissed at May for doing her job? Christ, get over it, you're both grown-up agents!
I haven't seen last night's ep yet, but Coulson holding a grudge and being ticked off makes sense.

For one, she's supposedly reporting to Fury...the same guy that lied to Coulson about Tahiti. Second, Coulson thought he could trust May...then it feels like she's betraying him by "snooping."

Trust takes a long time to build and, when it's destroyed, it's very hard to repair that relationship. Now, if this continues through the next three seasons, enough is enough. But not this quick.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
So no question now about Ward, he's been Hydra from the start and was putting on an act to gain the team's trust and learn the secret of Coulson's resurrection. Looks like he may have developed some attachments to the agents, but that ultimately doesn't change what he is and what he's done. Cool. The character is much better for it. Props to Clark Gregg for his performance in the scene where Coulson almost lost it. As I suspected, there are factions of Hydra and factions of "SHIELD" agents that are scrambling to control the VAST amount of the former organization's assets while the military is trying to sort it out. And those SHIELD agents that don't surrender themselves to the military for evaluation will be hunted as though they were Hydra. So I'm guessing the "Guest House" was one of Fury's secret bases like "Providence". The existence of such places fits perfectly with the character of Nick Fury. And that answers where the team will be able to draw their resources from for the foreseeable future.Also cool that they mentioned "The Cube", which is one of SHIELD's special prisons for super powered individuals (different from "The Fridge" which was featured in this episode).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tuesday's episode was actually the first one where my issues were nitpicks instead of deep flaws. The Ward character is a lot more fun now that he was on the team. He's got a sense of humor, for one thing. He's not a mustache-twirler like Agent Garrett, but he is loyal to the mustache twirler and made his peace with that a while ago.I even loved Patton Oswalt's SHIELD agent. A starstruck fanboy, yes, but one who execute Coulson's entire team if the situation required it. That revealing moment made him a very interesting character to me.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I don't know if it will happen, but now I'm looking forward to Skye eventually canceling Ward. :)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I'd love to see a scene where Patton Oswalt is kicking total ass, but more Matrix and less Yoda.

And the show is actually interesting now.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Since it did better ratings-wise at 9 p.m. than it's done at 8 p.m. recently, I wonder if ABC will keep it there?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, the business with Ward and Skye is hinted at in the previews, I should not have watched that. But I know the previews often misdirect. It made me think it's not what we think. This change reminds me of Alias and the sudden change that series made in the middle of the first season. I agree it's great stuff and I'm sure planned from the beginning to align with the movie. I suppose ABC doesn't want to upset their comedy schedule, but I think 9:00pm is a better time slot. Could be they want the younger viewers, so the 8:00pm slot suits that.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Matt Hough said:
Since it did better ratings-wise at 9 p.m. than it's done at 8 p.m. recently, I wonder if ABC will keep it there?
I wondered from the start how they could put on an adult show in that timeslot. (7 pm here in the Midwest) I DVR everything, so it didn't matter to me personally, but I assumed it would be sanitized or dumbed down in order to show it that early.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Adam Lenhardt said:
I even loved Patton Oswalt's SHIELD agent. A starstruck fanboy, yes, but one who execute Coulson's entire team if the situation required it. That revealing moment made him a very interesting character to me.
"For the rest of you, lanyards will be considered on a case-by-case basis."

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Thanks. I haven't seen the most recent episode, but I'm looking forward to it. With regard to Skye and Ward, I still hope that it occurs down the road.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Poster for next week's episode.
image.jpg

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
I like the way you put it Scott. Canceling Ward. :)
Nelson,I actually thought about which word to use there carefully. And then I thought of one of my all-time favorite television shows, La Femme Nikita (1997-2001). That's why I chose that word. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'll have to check that show out sometime. I thought there was a new version being made just recently.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Which is now over and done, making two Nikita shows you need to check out sometime. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,I prefer the original series.I watched the most recent episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. tonight. Part of me wants Skye (or someone) to cancel Ward, while another part of me wants Ward to be a double agent for Fury. I tend to agree with what Neil said above (that there being no doubt about Ward any more), but there is still a small part of me that says this could (possibly) still be a ruse.

If Ward thinks he's going to get the password from Skye, I would tell him to forget it. Wasn't the reason that she did what she did to prevent anyone (excepting her) to be able to access the mainframe? I can't imagine that she would allow the information to be gleaned from her regardless of how she feels emotionally toward Ward.

Does anyone remember if Skye and Ward ever talked about the Patriots before? It's actually relevant if they did given what Garrett said to Ward after the Tom Brady remark. I have a hunch about something that was said tonight but it won't matter if they have never referenced the team (or Brady) before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks