What's new

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Joss Whedon's Live Action Marvel Universe TV Series on ABC) (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Sam,Thanks for the correction. You're absolutely right, as she even introduced herself as Lorelei. Still, my son is looking forward to seeing Lady Sif very much. :)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Sean Bryan said:
Whatever the origin is of the corpse, it's BIG.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Prometheus, wait a chest buster should be pending.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Joel Fontenot said:
My wife and son think the corpse is the remains of a Chitauri after the N.Y battle. Those were pretty big guys, weren't they?
That was my thought last night, too, but I don't remember enough about Avengers to speak intelligently about it.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
If the body is a Kree, it would be an interesting segue into the cosmic Marvel universe--a taste of which we will all get in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy film. It also opens up the possibility that Sky is a half-Kree (one of the reasons the serum worked "better" on her than on Coulton), which in turn leads to some really cool possibilities (Ms. Marvel?).

RabbitMan3000

Auditioning
Real Name
Ray
It will be interesting to see if/how the cosmic elements would be tied in. Maybe we'll see a glimpse of the Nova corps or (really dreaming here) some set up for what Thanos wants with earth.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The Kree thing is interesting and does tie into the Guardians movie (although I've read that they're using the "Ronan son of Thanos" instead of being Kree as he was originally). However, Kree are human sized and not giants. Which is why the Frost Giant thing makes the most sense, plus it dovetails into Lorelei and Sif making a timely appearance.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I don't know what it is.
image.jpg
image.jpg
The Chitauri weren't that big, and they looked quite different.
image.jpg
The scale and overall look could be consistent with Frost Giants
image.jpg
image.jpg
We haven't got a good look at MCU Kree yet. Ronan in The Guardians of the Galaxy IS Kree. That has been confirmed by Lee Pace and James Gunn. He's working for Thanos, but he won't be his son. At least not a biological son. So possibly Kree, but not enough info to say either way. Also possibly something not mentioned here.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Good stuff!This show has definitely found its feet. Hope they keep the momentum going. So, Sif's list of blue species is: Interdites, Levians, Pheragots, Kree, Sarks, Centaurians, and the Frost Giants. I'm only familiar with the Kree and Frost Giants. She said no other races other than the Frost Giants have visited Earth, and none recently. But of course that is as far as she knows. And I'd imagine that list isn't necessarily comprehensive.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah. This is one of those shows that will really be better in a long marathon I think, because a lot of the small pieces in the first few episodes that I thought were wonky are now really paying off. We've setup Deadlock, we've made Skye important so that if any transformation takes place we've invested in the character, and the discoveries of who is in on the secret now matter.
I also like the disappearance of Fury, which I'm betting plays into Captain America: Winter Soldier

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Sorry, I didn't like this episode much. It was so ridiculous to have Ward within a hundred yards of Lorelei since he's a made-to-order warrior for her army. Just exactly how was HE going to be any more successful against her than any of the other men had ever been especially since he didn't bother to use the weapon he had and let her get close enough to touch him? So, I saw these plot contrivances from a mile away and they followed protocol every step down the line (hijacking the ship, affecting Fitz, etc.) Even the revelation about Skye actually being the one Ward is interested in comes as NO surprise.

And Coulson and Skye agreeing to keep a SECRET - never turns out well ever (and seems disloyal to the team to me not letting everyone in on what's going on when ALL of their lives are constantly on the line) and is another overused plot contrivance. I do admit May's last statement was a bit of a surprise and is the only thing that's keeping me onboard for another week.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
That was a very good episode tonight. I loved the fighting scenes between Lady Sif and Lorelei. I'm still really curious why there are no detectable trace elements of the drug in Skye. If it has been explained, then I've missed it thus far.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. Sif and Lorelei were great guest stars; maybe they can recur in the future. I also commented halfway through the show what a good cast of characters the show had developed. I think it gets unfairly judged by contemporary shows (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Arrow-- great shows all). This is a different kind of show with ties to the great adventure shows of the 60s and 70s as well as modern serialized elements. To me, that makes the show a breath of fresh air right now.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Matt Hough said:
It was so ridiculous to have Ward within a hundred yards of Lorelei since he's a made-to-order warrior for her army. Just exactly how was HE going to be any more successful against her than any of the other men had ever been especially since he didn't bother to use the weapon he had and let her get close enough to touch him?
Yeah, that was glaringly stupid. And then later, Fitz tells Sif he's fixed the Asgardian voice shackle to lure her into the room after he's under Lorelei's control. Why did he leave it operational at all? Why did he leave it with Sif at all?

Also, considering she's immune to bullets, why is Sif cowering behind her tiny shield during the gunfight? Just to allow them to blam-blam-blam for 5 useless minutes? She should have just walked up to them and disarmed them.

I liked that the episode did something instead of spinning wheels, but the shows biggest weakness is the multitude of brain dead stuff they include. It makes it feel like a dumb kids show, except not totally appropriate since they show a dude choking his wife to death (off screen, but still).

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Matt Hough said:
...Even the revelation about Skye actually being the one Ward is interested in comes as NO surprise...
Was that actually said?

I don't think so.

No names were mentioned, and while it's easy to "assume" it's Skye, I believe Lorelei was talking about someone else - perhaps someone we haven't met yet from Ward's past. Maybe not, but the team behind this show likes to let you run with assumptions, then throw you off.

I do agree it was stupid to have any men on the team try to go after Lorelei initially. And Ward should have yelled for help immediately. I noticed the raid in the hotel room looked like it was all women, except for Coulson, who came in after it was clear.

And, we could see that Fitz was "under the influence" as soon as they stepped back on the plane. Him showing Sif to the holding room was an obvious trap as soon as he opened his mouth about fixing the voice shackle.

Do we know that Sif is "immune" to bullet fire? I don't recall how bullets affect an Asgardian in the Marvel movie/tv-verse. I don't remember anyone trying to shot Thor in the movies (didn't see The Dark World, though) to know what actually happens. I'd think that it would at least sting a good bit with the fire power they were laying down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks