What's new

"Quincy, M.E.", Season 3 where are you? (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Geeze Would it have killed Universal to release a 5 Disk Set with 4 eps on each instead of squeezing 5 on one disk, they look ok but it would've eased the compression a bit...

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Still waiting on the set I pre-ordered from Barnes&Noble. It shipped last Thursday (why then instead of Monday or Tuesday I have no idea) so it should be here very soon. Unfortunately they used the dreaded DHL Global Mail system, which is the worst I've ever seen. I hate it when they use that instead of just letting the dvd travel from start to finish through the USPS.
Gary "always enjoyed this show and look forward to watching Season 3 with the family" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Gary OS said:
Still waiting on the set I pre-ordered from Barnes&Noble. It shipped last Thursday (why then instead of Monday or Tuesday I have no idea) so it should be here very soon. Unfortunately they used the dreaded DHL Global Mail system, which is the worst I've ever seen. I hate it when they use that instead of just letting the dvd travel from start to finish through the USPS.
Here I am, two weeks after the release date of this series and I still don't have my dvd set I pre-ordered from Barnes&Noble. I almost never complain about shipping speeds, and generally I get great service from all the companies I shop at (Amazon, Deep Discount, and B&N are the big 3 that get most of my business), but this order is taking a ridiculously long time to reach me and it's all because the company uses the slowest shipping on the face of the earth:
DHL Global (and it's not even leaving the U.S.?!!!)
I have no idea why they insist on using this method, and I'm about ready to cancel my membership with them over this. I have another package that's also been in limbo for nearly a week because they've used this same system. When they put things directly into the USPS stream I'll get my packages within 4 to 5 days every time. Once in a while when DD uses Media Mail it takes close to 2 weeks to get to me, but usually only a week to ten days.
Gary "anxiously awaiting Season 3 of QUINCY to show up at my door" O.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Got my set yesterday, everything looks okay at first glance but it's not as good as the S1/2 release, that I think you'll all spot right away. It looks softer but luckily it's also many leaps ahead of Paramount's "Cannon", though clearly nothing's been done to improve the picture. One or two of the later episodes in this set are sharper (ala the 2005 set), but the majority are kind of dull/flat looking. Obviously it's still well worth having for all Quincy fans, so do continue please, Universal!

MattHR

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa /forum/thread/242202/quincy-m-e-season-3-where-are-you/60#post_3566983
Geeze Would it have killed Universal to release a 5 Disk Set with 4 eps on each instead of squeezing 5 on one disk, they look ok but it would've eased the compression a bit...
I've been a bit annoyed with Uni since they started pulling a "Sony" by cramming too many eps per disc. I'm sure it's simply for cost-saving on disc manufacturing, which is odd when you consider they're wasting money on the packaging. Quincy S3 has 4 discs stored in 3 slim cases: 1 & 2 each in singles; 3 & 4 share a double. Why not two discs in two doubles? Or all four in one Amary? The savings on using one less disc is probably negated by the use of the additional/unnecessary packaging. The packaging design is especially boring, featuring the same image of Klugman on the outer case and each of the three inner slim cases. There is no need for the additional cases and their cover inserts, when a single ep listing insert in the Amaray would suffice. It would have been more convenient, and less wasteful, to have used a single 4-disc Amary. They also left the disc volume numbers off the spines of the slim cases.
I think one of the best examples of a multi-disc set using slim cases that really jazz up the package is Charlie's Angels S4. Six discs in 3 clear, double slim cases. The outer box cover and each of the three slims feature different graphics on their fronts and backs. The 3 slims even feature graphics on the inside covers, not to mention artwork on the discs.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I've been holding out on buying Quincy, ME: Season Three on Region 1, hoping that the third season will be released by Universal Playback on Region 2. However, being as the final season of The Rockford Files STILL hasn't been released on Region 2 I'm not expecting them to release the third season of Quincy, ME. But if the print quality isn't very good, based on the comments above I'm not sure what to do. Bearing in mind that if the third season set dosen't sell well it means season four and the remaining five seasons won't be released on Region 1 by Universal.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I've only watched the first two discs, but I think the transfers are every bit as good as those on the S1&2 set. After watching several other 70s shows recently (Magnum, Hulk, Charlie's Angels, A-Team), I was amazed at how good Quincy looked in comparison. I think it's one of Uni's better efforts. In makes me want to see Uni finally release Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman with similar quality transfers.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The picture quality on the Season 3 discs wasn't too bad to be honest. It was as good as when I've seen Quincy, ME on ITV. Now whether the picture quality on their screenings isn't as good as what it should be (if the original airing on NBC was much better, or if the series was transferred to HD) I wouldn't have thought it was that bad or noticed the difference. The Season 3 (Region 1) discs, when I tested them, were not drained of colour and the picture was sharp-ish.

It's been just over five months since the third season was released on Region 1 (August last year). I just hope it sold enough copies so Universal would want to release the fourth season. Six months later would be towards the end of this month, and that's not going to happen now as it hasn't been announced yet. It took a very long time between the first and second seasons being released at the same time, to Season 3 being released, so it could still happen.

When/if the fourth season of Quincy, ME is announced by Universal I would hope they don't put five episodes on one or more discs, and instead put up to four episodes on each disc.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Chris, have made a new post in the above linked Shout! Factory thread, but I couldn't see it at the top of the 70's folder. So I've started a new thread, specifically about the fourth season of Quincy, ME.

It seems like ages since the third season was released by Universal after a few years' wait (last summer). If Universal have no plans to release it, then I hope Shout! Factory could release the rest of the series (another five seasons).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
S4 is the only season left I'd still like to see get to DVD, just for Jessica Walter's great guest villainess turn as a woman who kills her newsanchor twin sister and then assumes her identity. Subsequent seasons were more and more the "Jack Klugman Soapbox Of The Week" episodes.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chris, have made a new post in the above linked Shout! Factory thread, but I couldn't see it at the top of the 70's folder. So I've started a new thread, specifically about the fourth season of Quincy, ME.
It seems like ages since the third season was released by Universal after a few years' wait (last summer). If Universal have no plans to release it, then I hope Shout! Factory could release the rest of the series (another five seasons).
That was before they added the "TV From The 70s" folder. The "Universal properties of interest?" thread is not on the new community forum. But thanks for replying there and starting a new thread Richard. I'll copy and paste my old post.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I watched Disc 1 last night and I didn't hear "Gentlemen, you are about to enter the most fascinating field of police work. The world of forensic medicine." in the opening credits for "No Deadly Secret" and "A Blow to the Head... a Blow to the Heart". Was that an error or how it was originally broadcast?

tromol

Auditioning
Real Name
Rinto
Can say, the
projector is one of many home theater devices start to "find" the
correlation with the features of this HDTV. During this time, the
projector "goto the verb" to project the image produced by a source or a
player on the screen.
Based
on how to project it, the projector is divided into 2 types, namely LCD
and DLP. Various technology
continues to look to find a projector that is ideal figure. Additions and a lot of public
attention is the development of projector technology.
In particular the manifold DLP. Where in time not too long, even this type of projector
allegedly been able to adopt an HDTV format, a format that is currently
allowed to be said as a dream for many viewers the picture show. Intake of this
technology is none other than the production of support thanks to a chip
Texas Instruments (TI). Companies that have been the most widely
contributions in procuring chips for projectors and televisions. Chip DMD, known in these terms, presumably capable of making a
projector to project an impression in the HDTV format.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Rinto-
Welcome to Home Theater Forum. I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say in your first post, but I do know that it doesn't appear to have anything to do with Quincy. If you are wanting to discuss projectors I suggest you try reposting it in our hardware area, or telling me which thread you want it moved to.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I don't know about whether the music edits are the same with the Region 2 boxset of the first and second seasons of Quincy, ME, but the discs in the set are single sided.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow /forum/thread/242202/quincy-m-e-season-3-where-are-you/60#post_3682986
I don't know about whether the music edits are the same with the Region 2 boxset of the first and second seasons of Quincy, ME, but the discs in the set are single sided.
Good to know, although the only importing I do is from Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks