What's new

"Quincy, M.E.", Season 3 where are you? (1 Viewer)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I know Chris and it has no intro credits either, shouldn't they be there, can anyone confirm that?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Just checked on Amazon.com for when the third season of Quincy, ME was released on Region 1: 2nd June, 2009.

Have Universal abandoned this series again? Is it possible they could sub-license it to Shout! Factory, like they've done with Simon & Simon? It's been almost 14 months since the third season was released on Region 1.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Gary OS ../../297449/top-5-stalled-shows-you-want-to-see-completed/60#post_3720050
Wow, I forgot about Quincy because it wasn't on my first post list. At the time I created this thread I hadn't considered Quincy as stalled because Universal had picked it back up after a delay. But now, I'd have to put the show back in the stalled category. Bummer. ../../../../img/vbsmilies/htf/frown.gif

Gary "so many stalled series are on the cusp of a season that involves a Christmas episode... it's driving me crazy" O.
Disappointed with the stalling AGAIN of Quincy, M.E., as it's a fond favourite of mine. Universal released the third season on Region 1 on 2nd June, 2009.

One of the fourth season's episodes which I especially want to see is "A Night to Raise the Dead", as one of the guest stars is Greg Morris. I saw the start of the episode on ITV a few years ago. Very atmospheric and mood-setting. I thought it was a Halloween episode. It originally aired on NBC on 7th December, 1978.

There were 23 episodes in the fourth season. Ideally it would be a boxset consisting of six single-sided discs (four episodes each on discs 1 to 5, and 3 episodes on disc 6) with the music intact.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by WaveCrest
One of the fourth season's episodes which I especially want to see is "A Night to Raise the Dead", as one of the guest stars is Greg Morris. I saw the start of the episode on ITV a few years ago. Very atmospheric and mood-setting. I thought it was a Halloween episode.

One of my favorites from S4 as well. Like you, when I first saw it again a couple of years ago I thought it was going to be a Halloween episode when the teaser aired before the opening credits. It certainly had plenty of spooky atmosphere at the start, but as you said, it wasn't a Halloween episode.

Gary "which reminds me, I'm kinda bummed that there was no Christmas episode with this series" O.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Of the Quincy, M.E. episodes I've seen in full, one of my favourite episodes is "Deadly Arena", which centred around a virus at an American football stadium (one of the lasting shots was from the 30 second teaser (and the episode itself) of the workman who fell from high above the spectator seats from I think a floodlight). Diana Muldaur guest starred, and returned in a later season as the same character (an episode set onboard a cruise ship).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Universal Channel in the UK are currently showing the third season of Quincy, ME. Hopefully they will show the remaining five seasons. Do Universal have a program like Shout! Select? If they did, maybe they could release the fourth season.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Great timing and question Richard. I'm working through the last disc of Season 3 today.

Universal Channel in the UK are currently showing the third season of Quincy, ME. Hopefully they will show the remaining five seasons. Do Universal have a program like Shout! Select? If they did, maybe they could release the fourth season.
I'm not sure about Universal. But if they do decide to implement one similar to Shout's; they'd be heads and shoulders above Warner Archives and others - even a limited pressed run would go a long way to finish Quincy.

I'm still hoping Shout! will go after this series.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by ChrisCook
Great timing and question Richard. I'm working through the last disc of Season 3 today.

I'm not sure about Universal. But if they do decide to implement one similar to Shout's; they'd be heads and shoulders above Warner Archives and others - even a limited pressed run would go a long way to finish Quincy.

I'm still hoping Shout! will go after this series.
I think early next week Universal Channel will be up to around episode 6 or 7.

It dosen't matter if the last five seasons aren't remastered (on the whole the print quality of episodes in their DVD season sets is pretty good), because so far they've been alright.

I'm also hoping Shout! Factory will try and acquire the rights to the series. Would there be any problems with music rights in the last five seasons?

LCD22

Screenwriter
What I've seen of the third season set looks just fine on my 46'' LCD. The issue is the model they are choosing to release these titles.

It's unfortunate that Sleuth (owned by NBC Universal) here hasn't added it to the schedule.

I hope there won't be any futher problems with music rights.

I think early next week Universal Channel will be up to around episode 6 or 7.

It dosen't matter if the last five seasons aren't remastered (on the whole the print quality of episodes in their DVD season sets is pretty good), because so far they've been alright.

I'm also hoping Shout! Factory will try and acquire the rights to the series. Would there be any problems with music rights in the last five seasons?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Next Wednesday Universal Channel will be showing the episode "Main Man" (Ep.8), so the third season will finish on Friday 1st April. If they have the rights to it, the fourth season will begin on Monday 4th April.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Yep, as I said in my last post the fourth season of Quincy, M.E. begins on Universal Channel on Monday 4th April (source: the channel's TV listings section on their website).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I emailed Madman last week about Quincy, M.E. (and Simon & Simon), suggesting them for release by Madman. Received a reply from them today:

[FONT= 'sans-serif']Thank you for your suggestions.[/FONT]

[FONT= 'sans-serif'] [/FONT]

[FONT= 'sans-serif']The good news is that both Simon & Simon, and the complete third season of Quincy M.E are being released in July.[/FONT]

Hopefully this bodes well for further seasons if the third season of Quincy, M.E. sells well.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
I'm confused because Quincy Season 3 is already out on DVD.

I emailed Madman last week about Quincy, M.E. (and Simon & Simon), suggesting them for release by Madman. Received a reply from them today:

Hopefully this bodes well for further seasons if the third season of Quincy, M.E. sells well.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by ChrisCook
He's talking about Region 4, I believe.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed we may see the fourth season released on Region 4 before the end of the year.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddR2 ../../312188/simon-simon-season-6#post_3822429

Season three of Quincy, M.E. is scheduled for July 20th,

NOTE: Quoted post is from the Simon & Simon: Season 6 thread in the TV on DVD folder.

See, I've already got Universal's R1 third set of Quincy, M.E. That was 20 episodes spread over four single-sided discs (however, there were five episodes on each disc). I'm hoping Madman's release of the third season will be on five single-sided discs. If this is the only way we'll see beyond the third season on DVD, then I'm considering getting Madman's set.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Have checked Madman's listing page for Quincy, M.E.: The Complete Third Season, and shows that the 20 episodes will be split over five discs. The pre-order price (and I'm guessing it dosen't include shipping) at the moment is AUSD $49.95.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Madman takes 10% off because of the VAT. Then you have shipping and whatever the value of the dollar vs the Australian dollar.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Quote:

Originally Posted by FanCollector ../../309748/it-takes-a-thief#post_3834049
I e-mailed e One about a month ago and was told it was tentatively scheduled for October. The timing sounded flexible, but they still seemed sure it would be coming. And if worse comes to worst, I also e-mailed Madman in Australia. They have already licensed the second and third seasons of It Takes a Thief, as well as the first season of Switch. No release dates yet, but the sets are all forthcoming. (As are the next two seasons of Quincy, M.E.)

(NOTE: The quoted post is from the It Takes A Thief thread (post #10).

Would this include Quincy, M.E.: The Complete Fourth Season?! ../../../../img/vbsmilies/htf/eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks