What's new

Pushing Daisies Season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

Ever since "Who Shot J.R?" back in the early '80s, at least.

Great episode last night. I love Olive Snook so much and I think she's getting closer and closer to the truth. Her bonding moment with Chuck was sweet.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

The logic of the season finale, which is designed to give people a reason to tune in when the show returns, as opposed to the logic of a series finale, which is about resolution and tying off loose ends.

Regards,

Joe

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Poor Digby.

eta: I found this little tidbit over at TWoP.

I just read this on the TV Guide Blog...

"And, in case no one noticed, the house the sick boy lived in was, in fact, what many people refer to as the "Bewitched house". It was the house where Darrin and Samantha Stephens lived in the 1964-1972 sitcom, Bewitched.

In addition, the sick boy was named Abner, which was also the name of the Stephens' next-door neighbor, Abner Kravits.

Is it a simple case of coincidence? I think not. Is it a case of a modern ABC magical comedy paying homage to a classic ABC magical comedy? I think so!"

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...sDate=12345678

That is so cool!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Oh yes! When I first saw that commercial last year it got me all goose-pimply as it was combining the magic of the Christmas season with the magic of the Bewitched house.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I hope they pay more homage to Bewitched later on...it's too bad they've used the house for Abner as I don't believe we would see him again...

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The cast and crew held a panel discussion at the Paley Center (formerly Museum of Television & Radio) over the weekend. This blog contains some details about the event. Definitely a good read for fans of the show.

Warning: It does contain some potential season two storylines/spoilers. But if you want to avoid those, you can read the first part of the blog (everything abovde the YouTube clip), which is spoiler-free (assuming you've seen the full season.

There's also a short mention at the end of a (not surprisingly) planned September DVD release of season 1. Hopefully, this panel (or at least part of it) will be included on the DVD set.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

As much as I enjoy this show, it's just too beautiful to pick up on DVD. I'll hold out for a Blu-ray release. I just can't imagine watching this show in SD. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks