What's new

PS4 owners thread (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Last night I was getting something from PS+ on my PS3 and realized just how tiny the DS3 feels. So...yeah, I'm going back on my comment from a couple days ago. PS4 controller is much better.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My PS3 got the yellow light of death last night. My wife joked it was telling me it's time to get a PS4. :D

I probably won't though.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Seriously, people are just getting to be pathetic, disgusting slags with no concept of acceptable boundaries or vision of self worth. Stupidity in the human species seems to be increasing as the square of internet access.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Aaron Silverman said:
What were they expecting to happen???
New Internet ventures are particularly vulnerable to Scott Adams' Dilber-Principle observation that any new business or structural system must take into account the basic fact of life that its users will be A) lazy, B) greedy, and/or C) horny.
The Dot-Com Bust of the 90's saw A) and B) in action, and Sony's getting a nice big dose of C).

(What did they think the Wild West of the User-Created Internet was going to do, post kitty memes?)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
So far, it's all good news for Sony..

Why Sony is ahead (as far as graphics quality)

http://kotaku.com/why-it-matters-that-ps4-games-are-higher-resolution-th-1475165066
Call of Duty: Ghosts
PS4: 1920x1080 (1080p) | Xbox One: 1280x720 (720p)
Battlefield 4
PS4: 1600x900 (900p) | Xbox One: 720p34
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Via The Verge)
PS4: 1080p | Xbox One: 900p
Need for Speed: Rivals
PS4: 1080p | Xbox One: 1080p
That Need for Speed being same resolution sounds good, right?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-need-for-speed-rivals-next-gen-face-off
For a quick recap, both next-gen versions produce stunning 1920x1080 native images with perceptibly identical lighting, textures and geometry across the board. This remains the case for the final release here too, though the PS4 retains its stronghold in the effects category. While shadows aren't filtered to the same quality as the PC version on ultra settings, Sony's platform matches it with a refined depth-of-field effect that goes entirely missing on Xbox One - where it appears as a more simple blur filter instead.
It appears, from developers viewpoint, that the XBOX1 is a step behind Sony in graphics hardware, and that isn't going t be something quickly changable, since both of them are AMD basis; so any boost XBOX1 receives through driver revisions Sony will get the same revisions..

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have Pinball Arcade? I think I may get a PS4 just to get this. Haunted House is my absolute favorite table(Centaur is sweet too)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sam Posten said:
Here's the interesting thing. Killzone is back up in price. But lots of others are off a few dollars here and there.I LOVE that Amazon is experimenting with price elasticity. Steam leads the way, Bezos has smart folks doing the same!http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=vg_ps4_quicklinks_digital?ie=UTF8&node=7326750011&

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I wonder if those streaming games are feasible without the fastest possible internet connection.

Kind of surprised that the XBone didn't outsell the Wii U.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Sam Posten said:
PS Plus owners go get Don't Starve!
Yeah, I'm surprised by this one.. it's mindless, but it's fairly fun. I'm still figuring out the controls and way to handle it... but at least I can build fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks