What's new

Phantom Menace is OUT (part 2) (1 Viewer)

Eric_T_B

Grip
All I can say is "Phantom Menace is NOT OUT" is comes out on Tuesday October 16, 2001 at your local retail stores and their will be plenty of them for everyone. As You can see on my DVD profile I'm not getting The Phantom Menace I would rather buy Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season One if it came on the same date it does, but it does I'm just using it as an example so to said.
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...alias=Jarod243

Tom J. Davis

Second Unit
Thread crapper
furious.gif

LarryH

Supporting Actor
2. Best Buy supports widescreen; the Evil Rental Chain where people are getting them
early is trying to get DVD producers to go to pan & scan only. I intend to give my TPM
dollars to the forces of good, not evil. The dark side is alluring, but it has a price...

If this is the case, why not blow the whistle on them? What do we owe them? Anyhow, I think it's absurd that the street date of what is arguably the most desired DVD of the year should be so blatently ignored. It's a shame that people are willing to support such a naked attempt to gain advantage on outlets that are playing by the rules. My preorder stands with my favorite e-tailer.

James St

Supporting Actor
Damn, I came so close! I went to my nearest store and asked the clerk behind the counter. After looking through several boxes he finally pulled out copy of TPM. With the Visa in hand I waited while he rung it up when all of a sudden I hear the beep of denial. The computer won't allow him to sell it and lists the release date of 10/16. I asked if he could ring it up manually and he was unable to. I went to two other locations and neither had them in as far as they knew.
confused.gif
I guess waiting another week won't hurt.

Stefan A

Second Unit
To all you people who are still wondering which chain - Now I have never been so great at reading between the lines, but in this last page of messages there are enough hints to give away the name of the chain for sure. It's so obvious the thread should probably be closed.
------------------
Stefan Antwarg
My DVD Collection
The Regal Brass Quintet Not HT related

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Well I tried that Dallas store around 6:45 last night and had no luck. You were right in saying that it is not in the best part of town. I've pretty much resigned myself to waiting until Tuesday since there have been 3 reports that I have read on Star Wars related websites were people working for Best Buy (not sure if corporate or at a store) are reporting that BB will be selling the title for $17.99. However don't expect it to be in the ad this week at that price, the reports have said. They say that they are only going to have a "low price" tag next to it. Thanks, Chris
------------------
Star Wars: http://www.ig88-.net
patriot.gif

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator

Brad M

Second Unit
Hello everyone. I work in the promotions department for 5 radio stations in Tulsa, OK. Yesterday, I talked our evening DJ on our rock station into issuing a challenge to his audience to find the disc and bring it to us. Today I got a call from an employee that told me that the district manager had called every store warning them not to break the date. The employee told me several copies got out of the store before he called them all. I'm now waiting to see if it shows up here at work sometime today.

Anthony_J

Stunt Coordinator
Funny thing. I went to look for a copy yesterday. There were two or three other people doing the same thing I was - casually browsing the P section in Sci Fi, moving on to P sections in Drama, Action, Comedy, etc., and then doing a massive search of the entire movie section in hopes of finding a misfiled copy. No luck.
I guess I'll have to wait another week.
angry.gif

Interesting side note, I was planning on picking up the Godfather set, but they wanted 100 bucks for it. I promptly left, drove 3 minutes to BB and got it for $70.
I've seen slight differences in pricing between national chains before, but never 30%. What the heck are they thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks