What's new

Paradigm-Changing there studio line?? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Sal

Auditioning
Last night I went to a local store to look at the Paradigm studio 60's and studio CC. The salesman told me that Paradigm is changing this line in 30 days and they are trying to sell off all current stock.

I have two questions, has anyone else heard this or knows when they will be introducing the new version/line? and should I buy now before they increase the price or wait for the new speakers?

I was planning on buying these in the next few weeks along with a new receiver, either NAD 752 or Denon 2803. I am still unsure which receiver to go with but I have listened to many other speakers and consider the Studio 60's and CC the best deal going for the price.

chun howe

Stunt Coordinator
i heard this also.
i bought my monitor at hillcrest high fidelity(dallas) on may 13 2003. a sale person said paradigm is coming out a newer series in a month or soo.
i would suggest try talk to your local dealer to lower the price. or ask them to give a discount. they will is they are good. i had mine 20% off on towers and 15% on bookshelfs

worst case is wait. the last thing you want to do is buy now and regret later.

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
Does anyone know if this is the much more expensive Studio series that was rumored a while back? Or is this just a v3 version that will be around the same price?

Chris

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would not try to drive 60s with a 2803, it does not have quite enough power to drive them effectively. It will work, but that is a bit low on power for these speakers, IMO.

With the Monitor series, the improvement from V2 to V3 was noticable, and worth the small price increase. If the same is true for the Studios, I would say it would be worth it to wait, unless you can get a GOOD deal on V2s.

The V3 versions of the Studios are/were supposed to hit stores right around now. It's the Signature series, which is supposed to be a significant step up from the Studio series (in price as well) was rumored to come out sometime later this year (though I have heard no further discussion on this rumored line).

FrankieD

Auditioning
I spoke to a Paradigm Regional Rep yesterday. He said that they are comming out with an "ultra" high end line, 3 to 4 times the price of the current Studios. Nothing was said about discontinuing any of their current lines and time wise was "within several months"

Frank

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
I called my dealer yesterday and he said they did not know anything about a version 3 of the existing Studio line. He said that his rep had recently told them that the current Studio line wasn't going anywhere, but the changes would come in the form of the more expensive line (I think I've heard it called the Signature line). He was going to call the rep again today to be sure, so I'll report back here if I find out anything. I just bought Studio 60 v2s and I'm hoping this isn't Paradigms usual tactics of not telling their dealers about new updates until just before they hit the floor.

Chris

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
Well, even if you did buy the V2's, your dealer depending upon the dealer should have an upgrade policy. Which is what I'm hoping to cash in on when the V3's come out. Although I am perfectly happy with my V2 40's, 20's, and CC, the V3's could only be better, I hope.

I do believe they are talking about the V3's, atleast I hope so, I don't have enough pocket change for the upgrade to the Signature series, but I wish I did. Some day

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks