What's new

NFL Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I only went 50% last week, but what the hell?
Patriots over Raiders
Rams over Packers
Steelers over Ravens
and the Upset Pick...
Eagles over Bears
I feel like Jimmy Kimmel.:)

Steve Owen

Second Unit
I'm surprised how good the Ravens looked against Miami because I thought they looked AWFUL in their season-ending win against the Vikings (yea, a win... and a big one... but not pretty... and it was a must-win).

The Boston media thinks the playoffs have gone the way the Pats need them too so far. The theory is that the of the possible playoff matchups, the Pats match up pretty well against the Raiders. The other thing mentioned is that of the AFC teams, the Ravens defense has the best shot against the Steelers offense. IF the Pats can win against the Raiders (should be pretty close) and if by some miracle the Ravens can get past Pittsburg (like I said, a decent matchup), the Pats get another home playoff game... and in January that really helps them.

-Steve

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
IF the Pats can win against the Raiders (should be pretty close) and if by some miracle the Ravens can get past Pittsburg (like I said, a decent matchup), the Pats get another home playoff game... and in January that really helps them.
Let's say this prediction plays out. Can you assure us that the outcome will be better than say, 1986, Steve? :D

Steve Owen

Second Unit
Well lets put it this way... if the Rams make it... then no. But if it turned out to be Green Bay vs. New England again, I think the Pats would have a better chance than they did back in '97. (We're still not talking about '86. '86? What's that? :) )
-Steve

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I think Jeff is referring to the 1986 drubbing of the Patriots by the infamous 15-1 Chicago Bears to the tune of 46-10.

My predicts:

Bears over Eagles.

Rams over Packers.

Steelers over Ravens.

and ....

Raiders over Pats.

Remember that the Raiders, up until the beginning of December were probably considered better than most teams, including the Patriots; the Raiders were slated to have the first round bye. But, I too understand, that is the point: that was 1.5 months ago and since then the Raiders have apparently slipped, well the question is will the Raiders of the first 3/4 of the season show up ? I think so...I hope so....not sure, I think this is a close matchup with the homefield edge giving the Patriots the advantage, but then again, look at the Ravens of 2001 playoffs...they won on the road for every game including the wild card. Of course, the Patriots have little experience in playoffs relative to the old men of the silver and black....ahhh, screw it, I could go on for pages....

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
OK, here we go! Saturday's games are:

Philadelphia @ Chicago

and

Oakland @ New England

Sunday's Games are:

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

and

Green Bay @ St. Louis

Whether you're rooting for a specific team or just like to watch good football, I hope you enjoy the playoffs with friends, family and lots of cold, cold beer. I'm praying my beloved Eagles can pull out a tough win, the Oakland/NE game should show lots of offense, the Baltimore/Pitt. matchup will be just the opposite with tons of glorious defense, and the GB/STL game should be an air-attack barn burner!

May the best teams win!

I'm too excited to sleep. (Philly sports teams don't advance in their repsective playoffs too often, so I'm psyched!)

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Scott Weinberg where you at?

Our Boys are killing out there!

a singular defensive collapse that led to practically the bears only decent offensive play. McNabb is looking really good moving out of the pocket, but still not commiting to the run. Huge call on Reid's part on that 4th and 1. with a minute and a half left.

I'm not sure if Miller's injury will affect the bears at all. Matthews can hand the ball off just as well:p

Here we go Eagles!

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
YA BABY!

McNabb stepping it up and making it look easier and easier every week. Philly didn't exactly come storming out of the regular season but they're peaking when it matters. Whoever comes up against them next week is gonna be in for a great game!

David Akers is phenomenal

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Congrats to the Eagles and condolences to Chicago. Philly was definitely the best team today.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Woo Hoooooooo!!!!! YeaaaaaH BIRDS! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
"McNab is their only impact player on offense. Their receivers and RB's are decent, but nothing that will scare a defensive coordinator."
Scott, you gotta be kidding! McNab is a definsive coordinators worst nightmare period. :D

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
Sucks to be a Chicago fan today. Two hometown boys return, Jordan and McNabb, and two Chi-Town teams go down. Well, there's always next year (for the Bears at least, can't say the same for the Bulls).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
"McNab is their only impact player on offense. Their receivers and RB's are decent, but nothing that will scare a defensive coordinator."
Scott, you gotta be kidding! McNab is a definsive coordinators worst nightmare period.
Chip, I think you misunderstood my post. I meant that McNab was an impact player, and he would be the difference in the game. I still do not think Staley, Thrash, Pinkston, etc. are anything special. They are average players at their respective positions. McNab is the key to the Eagles offense.
Meanwhile, the Bears did nothing on offense except for one long play. The game was not as close as the final score.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Wa-hoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Any Tolkien freaks out there want to help me find another Eagle-related sig quote? :)
I'm so thrilled right now. Good luck to everyone else rooting for their teams.
For tomorrow... Go Packers! :)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Let me be the first to say the Raiders were absolutely robbed. What is the deadline for makeup playoff calls??

Go Pats!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks