What's new

New Weird Al May 20th! (1 Viewer)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Great news! I can't wait to hear it! I hope that there is a song like Albuquerque, very long and very funny. I also hope that he does a either a longer polka song, or more polka songs. Grapefruit Diet, Pretty Fly (For a Rabbi), and It's All About the Pentiums were my other favorites from the last album, Running With Scissors. New Less Than Jake and Weird Al on the same day, it can't get much better for me!

Camp, UHF 2 or another Weird AL movie would be a pretty good idea! Especially since the DVD sold so well.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Louis, I would love that!! Even if it is direct to video. Who cares? More UHF fun for us! :)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The last new release music album I purchased was Running With Scissors. Looks like Poodle Hat will find a home in my CD collection.

Weird Al rules, man! :D

rockinricky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Edwards
According to his website, Wierd Al is coming back to the
Colorado State Fair on Aug 16. COOL!!! Maybe I'll go see him again, he put on a great show when he played here in 1997. Even better, the ticket was only $5 and included Fair gate admission as well.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
From http://www.rollingstone.com/news/new...18013&afl=mnew :

1. "Couch Potato," parody of Eminem's "Lose Yourself"
2. "Hardware Store"
3. "Trash Day," parody of Nelly's "Hot in Herre"
4. Party at the Leper Colony
5. "Angry White Boy Polka," parody of Papa Roach's "Last Resort," System of a Down's "Chop Suey," the Vine's "Get Free," the Hives' "Hate to Say I Told You So," the White Stripes' "Fell In Love With a Girl," the Strokes' "Last Nite," Disturbed's "Down With the Sickness," Rage Against the Machine's "Renegades of Funk," Limp Bizkit's "My Way," Staind's "Outside," Kid Rock's "Bawitdaba," P.O.D.'s "Youth of the Nation" and Eminem's "The Real Slim Shady"
6. "Wanna B Ur Lovr"
7. "A Complicated Song," parody of Avril Lavigne's "Complicated"
8. "Why Does This Always Happen to Me"
9. "Ode to a Superhero," parody of Billy Joel's "Piano Man"
10. "Bob"
11. "E-Bay," parody of the Backstreet Boys' "I Want It That Way"
12. "Genius in France"

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Very cool! I am especially looking forward to hearing Couch Potato, Trash Day, Angry White Boy Polka, A Complicated Song, and E-Bay. Sounds like it will be yet another great album.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
wow Eminem saying Al can't do a video is turning into great promotion for the album, articles are popping up all over the place, cnn, drudge, washington post.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I really am excited. This is one of the few CDs I'll probably buy this year, if I buy any others.

I just love the names for his polkas. The next one should rock.

Anyone else ever see him live? I saw him like 4 years ago and he was great. His shows are filled with real fans who know all the songs and its a lot of fun. It was also under a big tent (he made fun of it, saying he told his agent he wanted to play under a big tent in the middle of nowhere, and that's what he was doing) and we were in a small area, so everyone was relatively close to him.

And his songs that aren't on any of his albums (mainly one about pizza delivery parodying Celine Dion's Titanic song) were great. I really want to see him do another live performance.

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
I can't even remember the last time I bought a Weird Al album - Dare To Be Stupid, maybe?

What's Running With Scissors like? Would you guys reccommend it?

BTW - thanks for the Couch Potato link - that song is great! Better than the original! ;)

Rob

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Running With Scissors is a great album too. It has really great parodies. Some of the best ones are "Saga Begins" (A song about Star Wars that is a parody of "American Pie" by Don McLean.), Pretty Fly For A Rabbi (A parody of Pretty Fly For A White Guy by The Offspring., It's All About The Pentiums (Parody of Puff Daddy's [Or whatever the hell his name is this week! ;)] It's All About The Benjamins), and Grapefruit Diet (Parody of Zoot Scoot Riot by Cherry Poppin' Daddies).

In my opinion, the CD is worth getting just for the Polka and the 11 minute epic closing song, Albuquerque.

Go ahead and get it.

Trina

Agent
I'm looking forward to hearing the 9 minute Genius In France, which is a tribute to Frank Zappa. Dweezil Zappa plays guitar on it. Being that Dweezil is one of my favorite guitar players, I guess I'm gonna have to finally buy a Weird Al CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks