What's new

New Weird Al May 20th! (1 Viewer)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I've seen him four times, three of which were on the Running With Scissors tour. Al and company put on a phenomenal live show, and I'm looking forward to seeing him again this summer.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
In my opinion, the CD is worth getting just for the Polka and the 11 minute epic closing song, Albuquerque
Actually, Freshman year, I (along with 3 friends who were in the class) did a dramatic re-enactment of Albuquerque (pretty much a lip sync with props) for a Theater class. It was the most tedious 11 minutes of my life, since we did it like 5 times altogether.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
"Couch Potato"..great song, have to get this tomorrow.

Love that ref to Will & Grace and the Tivo thinking he's gay

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Actually, I like the part where he says "King Of Queens" jumped the shark the first episode because Richard Simmons wasn't in it.

Jason

DavidBelis

Agent
Finally picked up the album, and it's great!

There's nothing on it that's as brilliant and original as Albuqueque, but it's still a great album.

IMO, the order of best to worst Weird Al albums goes:

1.Dare To Be Stupid
2.Running With Scissors
3.Bad Hair Day
4.Even Worse
5.UHF
6.Poodle Hat
7.Off The Deep End
8.Alapalooza
9."Weird Al" Yankovic (Self-Titled)
10.Polka Party
11.In 3D

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
"In 3D" the worst? It'd be a tossup between "Alapalooza" and "Polka Party" for me. I'd probably give the nod to "Alapalooza", though, since I like most of the originals on "Polka Party".

I've only listened to "Poodle Hat" once, but it struck me as really uneven, falling far short of "Running With Scissors" and "Bad Hair Day". I almost never like anything on the first listen, though, so maybe I'll warm up to it.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
On the main menu, click on the nostrils of the woman in the sunglasses behind Al (this is his wife, Suzanne)

It takes you to their family portrait (well...sort of)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Anyone else ever see him live? I saw him like 4 years ago and he was great. His shows are filled with real fans who know all the songs and its a lot of fun. It was also under a big tent (he made fun of it, saying he told his agent he wanted to play under a big tent in the middle of nowhere, and that's what he was doing) and we were in a small area, so everyone was relatively close to him.
Was that the show at Waterloo Village Morgan? Great show. I noticed most of the people there were families but I enjoyed the fact that he also had some sophisticated humor in addition to the usual fart jokes. I think my friends and I were the only ones that laughed when Weird Al said "And now what you all came for....... The Drum Solo!"

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
"In 3D" the worst? It'd be a tossup between "Alapalooza" and "Polka Party" for me. I'd probably give the nod to "Alapalooza", though, since I like most of the originals on "Polka Party".
It would be "Alapalooza" for me too. When the main parody is for an old song I had never even heard of, you know there is a problem.

Jason

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

Genius In France I think comes in very close second - it's a great homage to the style of the late Frank Zappa, with many musical twists and turns reminiscent of Zappa's best known songs (Dancing Fool, I'm The Slime, Don't Eat The Yellow Snow/Nanook Rubs It, etc.); Dweezil is also featured on the track.

Great Googooly Moogooly!!

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
The odd thing about Albuqueque is that is an uncredited parody of Dick's Automotive by The Rugburns

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks