What's new

Weird symbols on Denon AVR front panel display (2 Viewers)

ken.w

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
I have a new Denon AVR-S970H and am seeing some weird symbols on the panel display that tech support can't identify. Sadly they only have access to the same manual I do. Sorry I can't seem to get a sharp photo, but it's the two sort of dashes to the left of the volume. Anyone know what they are? They change a little depending on what source I have selected.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2783.jpg
    IMG_2783.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 24

JimJasper

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
That's a good question. Maybe nothing, because I'm wondering if that location is supposed to be 'blacked out' and not display at all. And maybe the black covering slight broke off in a few chips? Just a guess.

The Denon
manual has a picture that shows nothing is even supposed to be in that area...... after "stereo" "rds" "sleep" [then nothing] then "volume dB numbers." See the pink circle I put on the static pic below ↓ Keep us updated with what you find.

1711052721860.png

Reaction GIF

ken.w

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
Thanks, will do! If I enable or disable Sleep mode, SLEEP will show up or go away, with no effect on those symbols. Weird that this receiver is brand new. Just got it a couple of weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks