1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

New to the Forum!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by RichJO, Apr 18, 2003.

1. RichJO

RichJO Member

Boy am I glad I found this site! I am presently in the process of purchasing a system and could sure use some help.

My first request is I am considering of dumping cable and getting a HDTV ready set with a Direct HDTV satellite system.

My question is would this be prudent since I am also getting an attic antenna?

Any recommendations to A Direct HDTV receiver would also be appreciated!

Rich[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Well-Known Member

Robert

3. RichJO

RichJO Member

Thank you Robert!

This is the site that helped me make up my mind to dump the cable. I have viewed our local cable in my area on many demos for different HDTV ready sets and the picture is sub-par at best. I was reading the forum and many suggestions were made to "dump" cable and get myself a good antenna for all the local channels which are putting out more & more HD.
    for backup to my HD Direct TV hookup.

What do ya think about a Denon 3803 Rx? and a Denon DVD-2900 progressive scan player. My budget for the Rx is around $1000.00 and the DVD player around $500-$700. I also am considering the ENERGY Encore System with the 10" sub for my surround.

As far as my TV I really like the Mits (No DVI)but am open to suggestion. Price range is