New to the Forum!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by RichJO, Apr 18, 2003.

1. RichJO

RichJO Auditioning

Boy am I glad I found this site! I am presently in the process of purchasing a system and could sure use some help.

My first request is I am considering of dumping cable and getting a HDTV ready set with a Direct HDTV satellite system.

My question is would this be prudent since I am also getting an attic antenna?

Any recommendations to A Direct HDTV receiver would also be appreciated!

Rich[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert

3. RichJO

RichJO Auditioning

Thank you Robert!

This is the site that helped me make up my mind to dump the cable. I have viewed our local cable in my area on many demos for different HDTV ready sets and the picture is sub-par at best. I was reading the forum and many suggestions were made to "dump" cable and get myself a good antenna for all the local channels which are putting out more & more HD.
    for backup to my HD Direct TV hookup.

What do ya think about a Denon 3803 Rx? and a Denon DVD-2900 progressive scan player. My budget for the Rx is around $1000.00 and the DVD player around $500-$700. I also am considering the ENERGY Encore System with the 10" sub for my surround.

As far as my TV I really like the Mits (No DVI)but am open to suggestion. Price range is