What's new

New to the Forum! (1 Viewer)

RichJO

Auditioning
Boy am I glad I found this site! I am presently in the process of purchasing a system and could sure use some help.

My first request is I am considering of dumping cable and getting a HDTV ready set with a Direct HDTV satellite system.

My question is would this be prudent since I am also getting an attic antenna?

Any recommendations to A Direct HDTV receiver would also be appreciated!

Rich:) :)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Any recommendations to A Direct HDTV receiver would also be appreciated!
It depends on the TV you buy. If you get one with a DVI interface, it would make sense to get a receiver with the same interface like the new Samsung or Zenith. If you go with a Mitsubishi TV (they just have component connections) you could go with a receiver like the Hughes E-86.

-Robert

RichJO

Auditioning
Thank you Robert!

This is the site that helped me make up my mind to dump the cable. I have viewed our local cable in my area on many demos for different HDTV ready sets and the picture is sub-par at best. I was reading the forum and many suggestions were made to "dump" cable and get myself a good antenna for all the local channels which are putting out more & more HD.
for backup to my HD Direct TV hookup.

What do ya think about a Denon 3803 Rx? and a Denon DVD-2900 progressive scan player. My budget for the Rx is around $1000.00 and the DVD player around $500-$700. I also am considering the ENERGY Encore System with the 10" sub for my surround.

As far as my TV I really like the Mits (No DVI)but am open to suggestion. Price range is

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks