What's new

NCAA 2005 March Madness Pick'em League/Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Holy moly, 4 games, and it looks like 2 of my picks are going down. The first 5-12 matchup looks to be producing an upset between Alabama and UW-Milwaukee.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Kentucky has won.
Oklahoma is puling away from Niagara as predicted even by the sports reporters in Buffalo. Depth is a key..

Upset special with UW Milwaukee which I predicted :)

Pacfic and Pittsburgh are fighting it out. Pitt is a vanity pick by alot of people. I went the route of Pacific.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Goodbye:

'Bama
Niagra
E. Kentucky

and probably

Pitt

which is really sad because that team has underperformed since last season.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Definitely Pitt now.

Bama has this thing for being upset.. They lost to another Alabama team a few years ago in upset fashion.

RichardK

Second Unit
Steve Alford is killing me with Iowa...Cincinatti getting out of the first round, I didnt think would happen, they are always the underachiever in the Tourney! Oh well, cant win em all...as of the games that have closed out, I am 4/4.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Pat, it was worse than that. UAB knocked off top seeded Kentucky in the second round last year. Thanks for reminding me. :angry: :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Whew, looks like BC came to play. I thought the Big East was going to screw me after Pitt went down today.

Scott_Sch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Man I need to get out of work so I can catch the end of some of these games. Too bad there's always that space in between games until 7 or so.

So far Cincy is the only team that has screwed me up...although the fun has only really just started.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
It will be a knife in my back in WF falls totally apart here in the first round; down by 7 to Chatanooga? Come on, guys, I've got you winning the whole frickin' thing.. then again, so far, my brackets are sucking anyway..

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I should have known better than to bet on another WAC team, UTEP. :rolleyes:(And you'll be deserting us anyway.) But I think Nevada will come through.

RichardK

Second Unit
Frickin Longhorns....not a bracketbuster for sure, but I went to Texas and have enjoyded the Rick Barnes era of hoops and his Tourney record. Serves us right for not being able to keep our best player eligible!!!

My big day is tomorrow, New Mexico is my bracket buster.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wake finally woke up and turned up the after-burners.

Gonzaga had to work to get through their game, whew.

Nevada surprised me with their win over Texas...grr...

Cincy also tripped me up as well.

I did get Utah right, though.

Galen_V

Second Unit
I got those two games wrong too Patrick, but I got the rest of them. Tomorrow's D-Day for me though (GW over Ga Tech...).

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Doh! I missed getting in here at HTF. I got 14 right as well, good for 2nd place the pool I'm in. Missed on Bama and #%#% Creighton. If Creighton had held on I'd be in 1st. Unfortunately I had Bama in the S16 so that was a double whammy.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I love the SEC! Predicting their choking was a good move by me.

And Texas blowing it was nice. I had them blowing it too. Nevada is TOUGH.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks