What's new

March Madness 2012 NCAA Men's Basketball (HTF Pick'em Challenge, too) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If anyone's up for March Madness picks and seeing how you do against other HTFers, check out the pool link below. You will need to create a Yahoo account (and be logged in) to access the link below. Once you do that, then use:
http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/117055
Group ID # 117055
Password = oar
Just for fun, I set the limit on brackets per person to 2, so if you can hedge your bets, so to speak.
Let me know if I've screwed up, or didn't turn on an option to allow others to create their own brackets in this group.
Please get your picks in by tip-off time on Thursday (I don't think that they allow us to pick the 4 play-in games from Wednesday night, but you may want to check by Wednesday noon-ish and see if there is an option to pick those play-in games).

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I'm in!

I do believe, statistically speaking, that I can't do much worse than I did last year... so at least I have THAT going for me.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
6 out of 8 of my elite 8 are left...not great, but I'm definitely still alive! Problem is, nearly half of us picked Kentucky to go all the way, so even if you get that right, you still might not win!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
My final four: Kentucky, Michigan State, North Carolina, and Ohio State. I haven't made up my mind beyond that.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I was pretty busy this weekend, heard about a few upsets, but now that I reviewed my brackets, wow... my brackets are destroyed, but still have 6 of 8 in the Elite 8, but only 10 of the Sweet Sixteen picks are alive for my bracket.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
If Kansas hadn't managed to come back in their game, that would have made 3 of 4 #2's to go down!

It's looking more and more like one of those years where all 4 #1s make it to the final four - Pat, you may come out of this looking like a genius!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The more upsets there are in the early rounds, the better it is for the top seeds! It makes their road to the final four a bit easier.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The West bracket is dead to me, but 5/8 left in the elite 8 and 3/4 left in the final four keep the fires burning.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Amazingly, I still have three teams in three regions that are alive. Only Michigan State (losers to St. Louis) bowed out early from my bracket.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Wow - has anyone been playing with the "Scenario Generator" on the Yahoo site?

If I'm reading it correctly, it looks like everything comes down to the Kansas/Ohio State game.

If Kansas wins, I think I'm golden, but if Ohio State wins, Bob gets bragging rights until next year.

We'll see what happens!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Exceptional games tonight. Some of the best of the tourney. Lots of fun. Now Kentucky heads for coronation or a crazy upset

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Personally I'm rooting for the upset, although I am not sure what chance I have in this bracket any more.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yes, it was the right decision. I'm all for tough coaches who make kids run stairs, do laps.. I'm OK with coaches that yell here and there to motivate.
But you can't start breaking out slurs; and you can't throw a ball at a kids head. If I ever found a coach I knew of through a ball at a kid's head - wow. Could you imagine a major, winning coach doing that? I can't even dream of someone like Bill Self or Rick Pitino or Wooden or Steve Alford or anyone that I can think of with real success throwing a ball at the head of a player.

Players are there to learn. They are young and they will make mistakes. You coach them up; and that doesn't include dropping homophobic rants and physically harming them.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Mike Rice was just lucky he didn't get pummeled by one of his players after getting a ball thrown at their head or other rough-handling. He got off easy IMO.

Too bad the HTF was migrating to the new home while the NCAA picks were up and active for that 4-day window. I didn't even play or fill out a bracket this year, as I had no idea who'd navigate through the field this year, and my gut was right, plenty of crazy upsets and improper seedings to create this slew of "upsets".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks