What's new

March Madness 2009 NCAA Men's Basketball (HTF Pick'em Challenge, too) (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Matt: I had similar issues. After making all my picks, I clicked on the group to see who was in there. The screen said my picks were still incomplete. I clicked on my brackets and they were empty. I had to resubmit them and they "stuck."

That's all I got. Hope it works.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Oh, what the hell. I just created one in 2 minutes and completed it with 51 seconds to spare! :D

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Effing classic. Three games played and so far my bracket is PERFECT!!!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Well, as of 4:00 PM, Central Time, Phillip and I are tied for last in the HTF Group. I am so glad I don't waste any money betting on these brackets.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Woohoo! 2nd place with 20 out of 24 so far. I hope I can keep it up.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Go Saints! What a fantastic game tonight, maybe the best I've ever seen from a local team. Both Ohio State and Siena gave it their all the entire game, and it was anybody's game right up until the buzzer. Two Ronald Moores have made my day today; first Ronald D. Moore with one of the greatest series finales in television history and then the 5' 11" Siena guard with two fate-changing three-pointers.

P.S. In the lead, now! Satisfied with every bad outcome so far except Clemson's loss; the rest were sentimental picks.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Yeah, that Siena game finish was terrific. I only got to see the last part of that one and Wisconsin/FSU today as I was at work (and can no longer see the CBS site video from there).

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
While I agree with the second half of that thought, I didn't feel that it was a "fantastic game." Most of the game was pretty sloppily played. In the second half, I think it was, Siena's FG% was 28%. It was a good game in terms of the emotion/grit from both teams but it was not a well-played game (for most of it, at least). Of course, I watched the game through purple-and-gold glasses, so to speak, as a UAlbany alum, but still.

Siena's tournament run likely ends tomorrow, playing the overall #1 seed in the tournament (and my pick to win it all in my bracket).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
For me it's all about the suspense. Sloppy games are often a lot more interesting as a result. Logic dictates they my bracket's going to take a big hit tomorrow when Siena hits the Louisville juggernaut, but I decided to go with my gut on that one.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Mike, you're another local: you have a strong preference between Siena and UAlbany? I happily root for either when the make it to the dance.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Nope. I'll root for either...as long as they are not taking out one of my selected teams! ;)

I have no ties to either school. My son is currently at RPI ("Go Engineers!" :D ). My daughter graduated Cornell (so I actually picked "Big Red' to win two games this year... :rolleyes::D

And I'm a Syracuse alum. I can only tell you how excited I was to watch that 6 OT victory over UConn. I won't make you look at my bracket and tell you that I put Syracuse over UConn in my championship game with a score of 110 to 106! :laugh:

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Wow, I'm dead last! This is what I get for selecting the "Random picks" option. Don't believe anyone who says "it's all random". It isn't!

(For those who care, in another bracket that I actually paid for, I still have 13 out of 16 teams remaining!)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I've only got one in the final four, myself. It is Connecticut though. I didn't even have enough confidence in fellow Big Ten team, Michigan State, to pick them in the final four.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm still sitting pretty good. 48 out of 60 so far and three of the Final Four (including Michigan State). As long as Villanova falls to North Carolina, I'm sitting pretty for the final game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks