What's new

NCAA 2005 March Madness Pick'em League/Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Scott_Sch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I'm a little out there right now (in the amazed and drunk sort of sense), but I just got back from watching Bucknell squeak by Kansas (Bucknell alum here) and let me just tell you....0-13 at the tournament for the Patriot League has finally come to end and what better way to do it that embarrassing Kansas. GO BISON!!!!!!!

Syracuse lost and totally screwed up my bracket but Bucknell winning has totally made up for it. If I wasn't engaged to be married in 6 months I would be driving to the campus right now.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I am 24/32 and still have zona over unc in my final. UCLA and bama really hurt my bracket, I had both moving on to the sweet sixteen

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I guess Rock CHOKE Jayhawk applies again this year.

Syracuse was a final four team of mine but I'm still safe. I had KU going out to UConn anyway.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I had Syracuse and Kansas both bowing out after the second round. I am sure most people here in Illini Country didn't have Kansas going very far. I can't say I am disappointed to see Kansas lose in the first round.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Well I was 21/32 but all of my Sweet Sixteen picks were still alive save for one -- Syracuse. Unfortunately I had them going all the way to the championship game in a loss vs. the Illini. My luck was holding right up until that game.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Bobby Knight, for all my discomfort with him as a person, continues to prove he is simply one of the greatest coaches living. He took a team with clearly inferior talent, and managed to motivate it and get it to believe that it could win to take out a team which (IMHO) had much superior talent in Gonzaga.

I didn't pick tech to win (I had Gonzaga over Tech) but Knight has absolutely earned his paycheck; the Sweet16 is much farther then I think anyone figured Tech would go at the beginning of the year, considering they lost their best talent last year.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This Wake-WVU game is Off-da-hook! Going into the 2nd OT after an awesome backdoor cut that got blocked.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Welp, considering I had WF winning it all in two of my brackets, I am now totally hosed.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
After that 3, it's not over just yet Chris

Well now it is......goodbye

Wake Forest

I guess you weren't the 5th number one seed.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ok, now, admittedly, since that bracket is totally hosed for me, I will root for Texas Tech. I think they've got a very good chance against a team that worked it's a** off tonight in WVU, and they play a style of game that will give WVU trouble; unlike WF with big name talent, TT plays a very team oriented passing game that too few teams seem to be playing..

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Wow, I can't imagine anyone anywhere doing very well with the brackets this year.

While I was rooting for Wake since I took them to the finals in most of my various bracket entries, I have to say W. VA showed so much poise and class. Because my own team (UH Rainbows) is always an underdog, I can't help but root for the Cinderellas to whom this tournament is so meaningful and hard to come by -- unlike the many teams for whom making the tournament is a virtual given every year.

Some amazing games so far this year -- what a sport! :)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

West Virginya ;)

This is what happens when even the major conferences are iffy. Very interesting tourney.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Chris, Texas Tech played as a team much better
than Gonzaga (Morrison didn't pass the ball much- he
was going to take the shot). I've always liked Knight's
style of coaching- no ball hogs, and pass the ball to
get the open shots. The Zags really blew the game though.
They crushed TT in the paint and on the boards in the
first half, then they seemed to stop playing that way
in the second half- too many turnovers and poor outside
shots taken. The 9 missed free throws didn't help either.

Terrific game between Boston College and Wisconsin-
Milwaukee. High intensity, fast paced. IMO Milwaukee
wanted it a little more than BC. Congrats to them-
it's nice to see the small schools advance, and some
of the bigger schools that are used to getting the
high seeds get beat because they take it for granted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks