What's new

My Home theater Page (2 Viewers)

David-Wright

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david wright
I am so excited that I have completely redone cheap dave's home theater.

I added comments. So I am hoping to get some good discussions going.

this week in the home theater I am wrapped up in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on PS3.

It is like being Indiana Jones. Very cool. I could do without the realistic violence but the adventure stuff is cool. also the game is good demo for your surround sound. If you have a waterfall in front of you and your turn the character you can hear the sound go completly around you. Very impressive.

David-Wright

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david wright
So here is the classic Home Theater dilemma. When a good movie is at the regular theater do you go. Or do you save it to watch in your HT.

After you have created the perfect HT you quickly find the limiting factor is content.

So right now Iron Man is romping through theaters. From all accounts it is very good. So I haven't decided if I want to go or wait.

I really enjoyed Beowulf in the theater and I am glad I saw it there since the DVD is 3-D. In fact only the digital theaters had it in 3-D. So many people saw it is 2-D.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
You can always watch it a second time after it becomes available on Blue-Ray.

David-Wright

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david wright

But you can never watch a movie again for the first time. So for some movies there are surprises that make the movie.

Sometimes in the home theater sharing a movie with someone who hasn't seen it recaptures some of that fun.

More complete Equipment list:

Equipment List:

Projector: Sony Cineza VPL-HS10 ($1200)
Blu-Ray player: PS3 ($400)
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1015TXi ($400)
Speaker:
Front L/R/C Audio Source AS8S 3-way 8" ($100/pr.)
Surround: NHT Super Zero (had 'em)
Subs: 2 x NHT 8" in wall sub ($200 on ebay)

Sub-Amp: NHT MA-1 (had it))
Equipment Rack: K-Mart wire shelves ($50)
Screen: White wall - super flat

Seating: Lane 4 Recliner Theater Seats ($1500)

David-Wright

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david wright
Ah summer time. The days are really long here. One of the side benefits of having a dedicated home theater without windows and with soundproofing, is that it makes a great place for a mid day nap.

I can even sleep under the stars.

David-Wright

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david wright
Just found another use for the dedicated HT room.

A friend gave us massages for Christmas. We just now were able to schedule a time.

The masseuse came by with his table and we were trying to figure out where to set up. We finally decided on the HT. So we set up the table and put on his relaxing music CDs.

I put them on the PS3 and it had a nice wave pattern on the screen. Plus of course there were the stars on the ceiling.

It really was ideal.

I know a lot of people have a hard time with setting aside a room just for HT, but I find more uses for that room.

David-Wright

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david wright
The home theater is also great for entertaining kids. Our godson will be 10 next month. He has requested having his birthday party here. We know it will be no problem. Once we fire up the PS3 on the big screen we won't hear another peep out of those kids.

David-Wright

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
david wright
I probably go to 2-4 movies a year.

Mainly with my dad. I like to buy him passes for his birthday and father's-day and then we use them together.

The next delimma is which movies to buy versus renting, netflix etc.

I really wanted Tropic Thunder on blu-ray. But now I have seen it 3 times. In the theater and twice at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks