What's new

MPI Press Release: Dark Shadows The Complete Original Series (2 Viewers)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I have a question will that RED Circular sticker come off the Coffin easily? Man will this be a huge disspointment if that sticker leaves residue and markings!

Real Name
Scott
That looks SWEET. And I'll be leaving that front sticker or any other ON the packaging.
Can't wait to get Mine!
Thanks for posting the link to those pics.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Ockeghem said:
Brad,
Thank you for posting these. They look wonderful. :)
I'm just glad someone else did such a good job of taking pictures that I could link to.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Brad,
Agreed. Those really are some great photos. I checked the Special Features photo (no. 8) and I believe that I have everything that is listed there, assuming that the titles listed there correspond to what I own on either VHS tapes and/or DVDs. The packaging (and perhaps the ordering in a few cases) is somewhat different, but the material looks to be the identical. I also believe the interviews to be the same as on the individual sets, since the ordering seems to be the same from what I could gather from the menus listed there.
For fans of the series that do not own it in its entirety, though -- I would definitely think that they would want to pick this up. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mark,
I feel somewhat badly for you. Once you see these photos, I think you're going to change your mind and pick up the set! ;)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Hi Scott,
Ya Haha!! No my friend you were right and a few others. You and I have everything twice over in fact. I did spring for the new bonus tapes coming out.
I am very happy for fans. MPI why could you not have done this for us? Oh well they are not the first company to do this. I just wish they could give us old time fans who bought as you and I did Scott some sort of token gift. I asked for the slim cases for free and they said no way to me. I did not even know they replaced dvds. I thought I asked that about two that I had. I thought they said if bought from us yes no if from Best Buy.
I paid 50 bucks for two sets to replace them. The worst was when I lost a dvd never to be found and had to buy even another set.
I have every bonus tape from vhs to dvd.
I am well covered.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
New News from www.tvshowsondvd.com

The first thing to understand is that there are going to be TWO "coffin" sets. As originally announced, the first one will be available on April 10th, and is a "Limited Numbered Edition" that includes an "Autographed Postcard by Jonathan Frid (Barnabas Collins)." That item is still on, and retailers will begin delivering it to customers a week after this coming Tuesday. The studio informs us that fans who ordered it directly from MPI's special advance Dark Shadows fan club mailing have received the set early, and we can confirm that we've heard from multiple fans in the past two days who say they have their set in-hand.
But here's the rub: MPI tells us that this first set with the Signed Jonathan Frid Card, even before the official street date, is as good as "sold out." Pre-orders from retailers have been so high that all the Limited Numbered Editions (there were apparently 2500 made, as one of our readers who had a copy already said his set was marked "#n out of 2500") sold out even before they were shipped from the plant. Of course there will always be some customers who pre-order a title and don't follow through with their purchase at the end, so - as our MPI contact put it to me - resourceful fans might be able to find a few sets remaining at various retailers. You'll probably have to look around, though. Good hunting!
Since interest is so high, though, MPI doesn't want to disappoint fans who missed on the first set, so they are going to offer a SECOND version of the set. The important information I overlooked is the description about what makes this second set different from the first. After all, the set still comes in the coffin packaging, still contains the same number of discs, and costs the same. What was different? This wording from MPI explains: "This Deluxe Edition does not include an autographed postcard from Jonathan Frid (Barnabas Collins) or a Limited Edition serial number." [note: emphasis is ours]
The May 8th date mentioned in the press release a few weeks ago was meant to be the original release date for this SECOND set...but we even got confused at that time, because at the same time as we received the press release we also got a new image of the FIRST set...which we now know it is because the image includes the Autographed Postcard by Jonathan Frid in the picture. But that wasn't MPI's intention, and we wrongly put those together and said the first set was delayed. Nope, our mistake again...that was for the second set. And then the second set got pushed back from May 8 to July 10th. The reason for that delay on the SECOND set, we're told, is because "the custom coffin boxes are big and heavy and made overseas, and manufacturing and shipping take time."
So the second set of Dark Shadows - The Complete Original Series will be available as an "unlimited" release on July 10th, while the original first set of Dark Shadows - The Complete Original Series: Limited Numbered Edition will be available on April 10th. We hope that this clarifies things, and we regret any confusion due to our errors. Mea culpa. The unlimited set isn't up for pre-order yet, but here are links to pre-order the limited set...maybe you can still get lucky!
Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dark-Shadows-The-Complete-Original-Series/16735#ixzz1qXc1hm6J

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
TVShowsOnDVD have amended their story - they received clarification from MPI. Apparently there are now two versions of the complete set.
The original version was a 2500 limited numbered edition that contains Jonathan Frid's autograph. This one is practically sold out, but it is the one with the April release date.
MPI, recognizing the high demand, are releasing a second set that should be identical the the first set except it is not limited, is not numbered, and does not contain JF's autograph. That is the July release. The extra time is due to the manufacturing of the packaging. It is expected to be the same price as the first set,
David
OK, Jack (P&P) beat me to the news.

Real Name
Scott
smithb said:
Scott, good news...I just received an email from ImportCDs that my order was shipped this afternoon. They don't use the fastest shipping service (states it should arrive within 7 business days). I ordered mine on Monday.
Any updated Tracking info?
Still No shipping on my set. I may add a set from Amazon thats still saying April 10th delivery to make SURE I get at least 1 Limited Edition set with J.Frids Signature. Thats a BIG deal for me to Have, I will have it framed.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Scott DS Fan said:
Any updated Tracking info?
Still No shipping on my set. I may add a set from Amazon thats still saying April 10th delivery to make SURE I get at least 1 Limited Edition set with J.Frids Signature. Thats a BIG deal for me to Have, I will have it framed.
I received a tracking email last night. It stated it was being delivered UPS but the tracking number is actually FedEx. So once using the FedEx site with the number i see it is in route to be delivered next Tuesday.

Real Name
Scott
smithb said:
I received a tracking email last night. It stated it was being delivered UPS but the tracking number is actually FedEx. So once using the FedEx site with the number i see it is in route to be delivered next Tuesday.
Cool, Congrats.
With info flying around about Non limited edition sets without the signed card, makes ya wonder, if even this round of pre orders at amazon will or won't be true limited editions.
J. Frids real signature is a pretty cool feature in the 2500 limited edition set for me.
Thanks for the update.

Michael Fett

Auditioning
Real Name
michael
smithb said:
Scott, good news...I just received an email from ImportCDs that my order was shipped this afternoon. They don't use the fastest shipping service (states it should arrive within 7 business days). I ordered mine on Monday.
I ordered mine through ImportCds as well today. Import Cds charged me for the order as soon as I placed it. So hopefully that means it is shipping shortly. I wanted this series badly but the cost of the individual sets drove me away before. I am already spending an arm and a leg for my favorite tv series Doctor Who having to buy all the episodes individually. As far as Frid's autograph he sells them on his own website for 25.00 a piece including shipping. Now if they can only get the Dark Shadows films released.

Real Name
Scott
Roy Wall said:
They do...I canceled mine.
Who did you cancel your order from? I know Amazon still has them, but by Monday, could be Gone Again.
I paid the site I bought from with Paypal, then read something on that site about some kind of delays with paypal payments.
If they Don't ship it Monday Morning, I will Cancel my order and go with Amazon like I originally wanted as a Amazon Prime Member. But I was Worried that they would not be getting anymore and wanted to get my order in Someplace before the Limited Edition was sold out everywhere.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I was going to cancel my amazon pre-order for Import CDs but i figured with Prime shipping at this point even if Import Cds shipped my box set Monday... I would have to wait about a week for it to arrive. I'd rather take my chances at $413.99 w/ amazon and know I will have it Tuesday the 10th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks